Radio Plans - 2022

Tammy Walker

Another thanks for posting this, Paul.  Hope the new V-115 works better for you.

My main radio project for 2022 is putting together a show for shortwave radio, Postcard Panorama, a listener mailbag program about all aspects of radio with a focus on monthly themes.  Working on the first episode this evening, actually.  (Your original post is the type of story I'm looking for, Paul, since January's theme is "In with the New," so I thought I'd mention this here.)

And since M. mentioned a Radiwow R-108, I have to say I'm looking forward to taking mine (and my Tecsun PL-380) somewhere well away from all the neighborhood noise in the coming year.  Not sure if I'll find such a place, but I'll definitely keep looking.

Tammy

Paul Blundell

That sounds like an excellent location, I hope you get some good results from there.

Paul

On Thu, 25 Nov 2021, 6:16 am M.I.H.0 via groups.io, <metagenetics=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks for sharing this, Paul. It's always nice to read how others engage in their hobby.

For me personally, January of 2022 marks the time when I move into my new home in Scotland. For the first time in my (relatively new) radio interest, I'll be living beside the sea. I'm looking forward to seeing how this hopefully effects positively my listening sessions at home and the ease of living 5 minutes walk away from the water.

Regarding kit, I've had some pretty pleasing results with my Tecsun AN200 tuneable loop, combined with both my Radiwow R-108 and 7600GR (the latter obviously not technically ultralight), but am looking to add another UL to my radio gear collection in 2022 - and your mention of Digitech has sparked an interest to look deeper into the brand.

Thanks for the blog, Paul - it makes for enjoyable reading.

M.

Mark

[...]

With the end of the year approaching fast, what has worked well / been enjoyable in 2021 and what are your radio plans for 2022?

2021 was a mixed year for me. I started a new job in September which sees me more office bound at our CBD office and also working from home a few days a week, this has meant that my ad-hoc portable sessions (such as during my lunch breaks when I was close to a park) have now stopped. Any portable sessions are now only when I have planned them or on the rare chance I get time to do them.

My kit has stayed fairly stable in 2021, my Digitech AR-1733 is still my main DXng radio. I have also been using my TEAC PR130 at times and this fills the role of my bed time radio. I have also found this to work fairly well with my 3” FSL. I have added a couple of small “analogue” tuning radios and these are fun to use at times and add a new challenge with logging and ID’ing stations.
My experience with my V-115 was not great but a “new” one is on the way. I hope this works better as the V-115 does have some nice features.

I have a few things I want to do in 2022:
- Continue with as many of my portable ultralight radio DXing sessions as I can. Unlike in the past, these will need to be planned more.
- Continue to develop my blog, creating new content and posting anything of interest to the Ultralight Radio DXing community.
- Plan a more comprehensive DXing project. This might involve more stations being logged more often and these results being stored and compared in a different way.

COVID-19 has again thrown a lot of plans for 2021 out the window. I have again struggled to get motivated and to plan many portable sessions.

https://ultralightradiodxing.blogspot.com/