Topics

870 WWL New Orleans received on a barefoot Tecsun DSP portable in the UK

Peter 1956

7208 km
Not bad reception for a portable radio at such a distance!​
https://youtu.be/1kXZVFggedo​
Peter Wilson​
Blackpool UK

Chris Rogers

Just got WWL at Poipu on one of Gary's supercharged C Crane skywave and FSL. Was expecting it to be a West Coast station but got a big surprise when I got the I'd on the hour.

William Renton

Stations from the southern US can sneak through the Gulf of Mexico, across the isthmus of Mexico itself, and out into the Pacific to Hawaii/Australia.

Well done on your reception too Peter.

Looking forward to reading the log from the Hawaii DXpedition. Hawaii (or the Cook Islands) provide a convenient halfway point for DXers coming from North America and Australia.

Regards,

Will.