xhdata d808 mods and hidden features

biometuy

Dear Colleagues:

Anyone have any information to share about hidden features and mods to enhace the XHDATA D808 radio performance, and also for the PL660 Tecsun ( this one is not an ultralight I know it, hahahaha) ?

Any advice will be very tahkfully

73s

JM

Gary DeBock

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 08:27 AM, biometuy wrote:
Dear Colleagues:

Anyone have any information to share about hidden features and mods to enhace the XHDATA D808 radio performance, and also for the PL660 Tecsun ( this one is not an ultralight I know it, hahahaha) ?

Any advice will be very tahkfully

73s

JM
Hello JM,

If you want to dramatically increase the AM-DXing sensitivity of the XHDATA D-808 model (and make it far move competitive on Longwave as well), here is the full construction article for the 7.5" loopstick upgrade. This modification is so popular that the XHDATA company itself posted the construction article link on its Facebook home page  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/5d0pi85jfptgmrj4pd0jsmaybgb6gteh

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

biometuy

Thanks Gary:

I will try this mod, I also do a passive resonate Ferrite loop stick and increase the sensitivy but the noise floor of the radio itself is very very high, also the radio have noise even if the audio potentiometer is zero volume, I thaink its a poor desgign of the audio system, its a shame the continous hiss the radio have.

thanks

JM

Zacharias Liangas

Can this design operate in both MW and Lw?

Gary DeBock

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 01:49 PM, <zliangas@...> wrote:
Can this design operate in both MW and Lw?
The construction article gives full information for building either an AM (Medium Wave) or Longwave-optimized loopstick, but even if you choose the AM (MW-optimized) loopstick, it will still boost Longwave sensitivity far past that of the stock model.

Gary