549kHz - 2CR - Other Stations

Paul Blundell

Normally this station powers in (details below)
549kHz - 2CR Cumnock - National - 50k

Over the past few nights, due to packing to move house I have been up and about later than normal, I have noticed a very faint signal under this but have not had any luck with an ID or any information.
Last night when the ABC station dropped audio just before the news broadcast, I heard some music, it sounded not "main stream", maybe Maori in nature?

Any ideas on a possible station?

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 06:02 PM, Paul Blundell wrote:
Over the past few nights, due to packing to move house I have been up and about later than normal, I have noticed a very faint signal under this but have not had any luck with an ID or any information.
Last night when the ABC station dropped audio just before the news broadcast, I heard some music, it sounded not "main stream", maybe Maori in nature?

Any ideas on a possible station?

Paul
Paul,

There shouldn't be any Maori on 549. The Kiwi Maori net frequencies are 585-603-765-1161-1440.

On 549 the dominant Kiwi station at the Oregon "Kiwi Cliff" has been 549-Trackside, and that was also the dominant 549 station when I was in the Cook Islands three years ago. But I understand that the Kiwi Trackside network is now in limbo, and about to change to something else.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Paul Blundell

Thanks for that Gary, I will be keeping an ear out on it and see if I can get any more clues.

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 1:23 PM Gary DeBock via groups.io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

The last two nights this has only had 2CR booming in, no trace of any other signals.

On Wed, 5 May 2021, 13:31 Paul Blundell via groups.io, <tanger32au=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

I tried the last few nights over the weekend both barefoot and with my 3" FSL, nothing at all heard except 2CR.

Paul Blundell

Last night was the first time in a week or more that I heard some weak traces of a signal that was not 2CR. Over the weekend I will be spending some time trying to track down what station it is.

Paul