2021 Ultralight Radio Shootout Review Ready for Download

Gary DeBock

The 39-page 2021 Ultralight Radio Shootout review is available for download! Fully detailed reviews of the XHDATA D-808, Radiwow R-108, C. Crane Skywave (Basic and SSB), Tecsun PL-330 and the Tecsun PL-380 are included, with honest descriptions of the strong and weak points of every model. Finally, a detailed Shootout section compares each model's MW sensitivity, MW selectivity, FM sensitivity, SW sensitivity and AIR band sensitivity in fight to the finish! The Final Verdicts tell you who is still standing--- and why! https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/8y6855bnfmy45rnk46mzr7hb4pwjz8u8

Good DX to All,
Gary DeBock, N7EKX
Ultralight Radio Group Co-Founder

Paul Blundell

I have just had a quick look, this is amazing and you have clearly put a huge amount of time and effort into it.

Paul

On Sun, 2 May 2021, 17:50 Gary DeBock via groups.io, <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
The 39-page 2021 Ultralight Radio Shootout review is available for download! Fully detailed reviews of the XHDATA D-808, Radiwow R-108, C. Crane Skywave (Basic and SSB), Tecsun PL-330 and the Tecsun PL-380 are included, with honest descriptions of the strong and weak points of every model. Finally, a detailed Shootout section compares each model's MW sensitivity, MW selectivity, FM sensitivity, SW sensitivity and AIR band sensitivity in fight to the finish! The Final Verdicts tell you who is still standing--- and why! https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/8y6855bnfmy45rnk46mzr7hb4pwjz8u8

Good DX to All,
Gary DeBock, N7EKX
Ultralight Radio Group Co-Founder

Jock Elliott

Gary,

Wow, this is terrific stuff . . . thorough, useful, and deftly written. Well done! Put a Gold Star on your chart.

Cheers, Jock

Peter 1956

Thanks Gary,
I've been looking forward to this :)

Peter

radiojayallen

Gary,

Great article...I enjoyed every minute of it!

Jay

Michael.2E0IHW

Oh Gary,

Wish I hadn't viewed  this . . .

Piggy bank is near empty, so mope I must.

Whoa - eureka - I could resurrect my ultralight galena cats-whisker
and squeeze it into a legit-size wee box.

But, yea, I am altruistic - so congratulations y'all!
If the cheeky sunspots allow, there might be some mighty enthralling DX
over the next few days.

Michael UK

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 06:38 AM, radiojayallen wrote:
Gary,

Great article...I enjoyed every minute of it!

Jay
Jay and All,

Thank you all very much for your positive comments on the 2021 Shootout!

Jay, coming from the Master Reviewer, your comments are a special honor.

Gary

C B

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your thorough and very informative 2021 Ultralight Shootout and review article! You obviously put forth a significant effort compiling this review. I enjoyed reading every bit of the article! Well done!

73 and Best of DX,

Craig Barnes

On Sunday, May 2, 2021, 10:25:46 AM MDT, Gary DeBock via groups.io <d1028gary@...> wrote:

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 06:38 AM, radiojayallen wrote:
Gary,

Great article...I enjoyed every minute of it!

Jay
Jay and All,

Thank you all very much for your positive comments on the 2021 Shootout!

Jay, coming from the Master Reviewer, your comments are a special honor.

Gary

Emily Keene

Gary, I enjoyed your extensive radio comparisons, and thank you for such a thorough and clear "shoot-out". I have the radios you featured, and although I know 'mileage may differ' from one example to another, your results match my own observations. Thank you again for putting this article together.

Emily Hastings Keene, New Jersey

Sent from my Virgin Mobile Phone.

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

We all know which ultralight radio I prefer :)

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 11:50 PM Gary DeBock via groups.io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
The 39-page 2021 Ultralight Radio Shootout review is available for download! Fully detailed reviews of the XHDATA D-808, Radiwow R-108, C. Crane Skywave (Basic and SSB), Tecsun PL-330 and the Tecsun PL-380 are included, with honest descriptions of the strong and weak points of every model. Finally, a detailed Shootout section compares each model's MW sensitivity, MW selectivity, FM sensitivity, SW sensitivity and AIR band sensitivity in fight to the finish! The Final Verdicts tell you who is still standing--- and why! https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/8y6855bnfmy45rnk46mzr7hb4pwjz8u8

Good DX to All,
Gary DeBock, N7EKX
Ultralight Radio Group Co-Founder

Paul Blundell

I have now had a chance to fully read this, the level of detail you have gone to and the expert knowledge of these radios is clear from your review.

Paul

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 5:50 PM Gary DeBock via groups.io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
The 39-page 2021 Ultralight Radio Shootout review is available for download! Fully detailed reviews of the XHDATA D-808, Radiwow R-108, C. Crane Skywave (Basic and SSB), Tecsun PL-330 and the Tecsun PL-380 are included, with honest descriptions of the strong and weak points of every model. Finally, a detailed Shootout section compares each model's MW sensitivity, MW selectivity, FM sensitivity, SW sensitivity and AIR band sensitivity in fight to the finish! The Final Verdicts tell you who is still standing--- and why! https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/8y6855bnfmy45rnk46mzr7hb4pwjz8u8

Good DX to All,
Gary DeBock, N7EKX
Ultralight Radio Group Co-Founder

Johnny

That write up was awesome!  It literally forced me to buy another radio!  ;)

Johnny