From: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io> on behalf of John Lochey via groups.io <jlochey@...>
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2021 7:13 AM
To: main@UltralightDX.groups.io <main@UltralightDX.groups.io>
Subject: [UltralightDX] FM DX? AM DX?

Hi all,

Do most here primarily AM DX or FM DX?

Just curious.

Johnny

Emily Keene

I DX and listen to FM, FM-HD, AM, and SW. I used to DX analog TV, and miss it a lot. I still watch digital OTA TV, but it isn't as much fun as it used to be since analog TV used to come in mid-day from across the country.

Emily Hastings Keene, New Jersey

Sent from my Virgin Mobile Phone.

Peter Laws

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 9:33 AM Mike Sanburn <mikesanburn@hotmail.com> wrote:

AM DX has always been my forte, but ANY DX is GOOD DX.
Truer words ...

For a given AM/FM receiver, there are, through a typical year, many
more AM broadcast DX targets than there are FM broadcast DX targets.
You may find AM DXing more fun because there are so many stations *OR*
you may find FM DXing more fun because the openings (Tropospheric
Ducting, Sporadic-E) are much more rare.

Or just do both. :-)

As long as it's fun for you ... it's fun for you!

Peter Laws

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 9:42 AM Emily Keene via groups.io
<comprimario=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I DX and listen to FM, FM-HD, AM, and SW. I used to DX analog TV, and miss it a lot. I still watch digital OTA TV, but it isn't as much fun as it used to be since
I DX with my HDT-20 (almost the opposite of an Ultralight!) on both
bands. Not sure what my "best HD full decode DX" is on AM ... hmmm.

DX Pedro

Wise words.
I do mostly SW and AM. Never was much into FM. As long as you keep it UltraLight and enjoy yourself, thats what counts.

Have a great Weekend, all.

// pedro andrade

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 3:33 PM Mike Sanburn <mikesanburn@...> wrote:
AM DX has always been my forte, but ANY DX is GOOD DX.
Mike