ULR DXing / DX de Bolsillo (post in Spanish)

Jorge Garzón <iberiaDX@...>

As you may know, we are promoting ULR DXing from Spain and I have written a new post in the blog introducing the hobby. It is written in Spanish and includes info about this group and also Maynard's and DeBock's articles.

We are proposing some ideas to activate DXers, like the 'ULR DX Index'. We also compiled a list of the more common receivers used. PSE feel free to comment your opinions and add receivers to the list in order to give a better info to the aficionados.

¡Saludos y buen DX!

Paul Blundell

Nice work and a great article.

Paul

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021, 17:17 Jorge Garzón via groups.io, <iberiaDX=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
As you may know, we are promoting ULR DXing from Spain and I have written a new post in the blog introducing the hobby. It is written in Spanish and includes info about this group and also Maynard's and DeBock's articles.

We are proposing some ideas to activate DXers, like the 'ULR DX Index'. We also compiled a list of the more common receivers used. PSE feel free to comment your opinions and add receivers to the list in order to give a better info to the aficionados.

¡Saludos y buen DX!

Peter 1956

Good work Jorge.

Peter

Nick Hall-Patch

I hope that this detailed article increases interest in ultralight radio listening in the Spanish speaking world, Jorge.

For further reference, you might also mention the collection of Ultralight articles from IRCA's DX Monitor that are found in the IRCA Reprints.  Go to ircaonline.org and press the Free Reprints button, then go to the Ultralight section from the index.   There are 26 articles in that section at the moment.

(and, of course, many other articles also)

best wishes,

Nick

Gary DeBock

Welcome to all our new European and Spanish-speaking members!

We greatly appreciate the leadership efforts of Snr. Jorge Garzon of Spain to form a new group of Ultralight radio enthusiasts in Europe, and I will shortly send him the 5 inch (12.7cm) diameter FSL antenna (pictured on the left, in the attached photo) in appreciation of his efforts. The 3 inch (7.6cm) FSL antenna on the right in the photo has been sent to Lester Kleidon of Illinois, Best of 73, and good luck to all Ultralight Radio DXers!

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Michael.2E0IHW

¡Lo has bien merecido, Jorge!

And the best mugshot ever of you, Gary :-)

Michael 2E0IHW

On 10/04/2021 21:59, Gary DeBock via groups.io wrote:
Welcome to all our new European and Spanish-speaking members! We greatly appreciate the leadership efforts of Snr. Jorge Garzon of Spain to form a new group of Ultralight radio enthusiasts in Europe, and I will shortly send him the 5 inch (12.7cm) diameter FSL antenna (pictured on the left, in the attached photo) in appreciation of his efforts. The 3 inch (7.6cm) FSL antenna on the right in the photo has been sent to Lester Kleidon of Illinois, Best of 73, and good luck to all Ultralight Radio DXers! Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Paul Blundell

Great work on all counts and nice photo.

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021, 06:59 Gary DeBock via groups.io, <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Welcome to all our new European and Spanish-speaking members!

We greatly appreciate the leadership efforts of Snr. Jorge Garzon of Spain to form a new group of Ultralight radio enthusiasts in Europe, and I will shortly send him the 5 inch (12.7cm) diameter FSL antenna (pictured on the left, in the attached photo) in appreciation of his efforts. The 3 inch (7.6cm) FSL antenna on the right in the photo has been sent to Lester Kleidon of Illinois, Best of 73, and good luck to all Ultralight Radio DXers!

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Jorge Garzón <iberiaDX@...>

Thank you very much for your replies.

Gary, thank you very much for this generous offer that is the real proof of what a world community DXing is! That's the spirit of the beloved hobby that I started 40 years ago. I am just a keen dxer that believe that Ultralight DXing brings back listening thrill to those interested in LW/MW DXing, in this changing  and unstable time where the tech seems to be a new dogma! 🤔

As suggested, I have added a 'Resources' section in my post with IRCA reprints PDF compilation.