Double loop idea: The question

Zacharias Liangas

As in the previous thread the topic the question was changed to hunting 74 megazine I m again asking any members to advise me
IF  anyone has experimented on using double loops with phasing to produce a cardioid antenna pattern or slightly more narrower - by just turning the shadow loop!
This is an idea of the past
any ideas ?

Paul Blundell

Hi.

Gary has setup two FSL's at 90 degree angles, he might be able to expand on this more and his results.

Paul

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 1:43 AM Zacharias Liangas via groups.io <zliangas=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
As in the previous thread the topic the question was changed to hunting 74 megazine I m again asking any members to advise me
IF  anyone has experimented on using double loops with phasing to produce a cardioid antenna pattern or slightly more narrower - by just turning the shadow loop!
This is an idea of the past
any ideas ?

K7DWI Art

Hi Zachary,
I have combined my Radio Shack MW Loop (Kaito/Tecsun AN-100 look-a-like) and one of my 3 or 4 foot Loops before.
I found fairly good results if the radio has an external antenna port. RTL-SDR and Sony ICF-2003. The external antenna port is hooked up to the Radio Shack MW loop.
Passive connections tend to overdrive the front end of those radios.
Working the RS Loop and the FSL is NOT good, at least for me.
Play around as see what happens. Good Luck.
Art K7DWI in So. Oregon