A double loop idea!

Zacharias Liangas

Edited

Hello

This is a article from the old 73 magazine referred to  the discriminator antenna designed for 1.6-4 MHz to provide cardioid pattern lobes for reception only using phasing technique  with a loop and a telescopic antenna . It was given to a friend to a  friend to get an idea on how he can redesign that for MW usage

https://app.box.com/s/nc0qnfc37m4tr3ugwbicozgofcyd65ai

Notice that the file in view only mode and will be deleted soon !

Based on this idea . I  a asking if someone used two loop antennas together with phasing to provide more than  heart shaped pattern for medium waves !

This was my idea since the time i kept handy this article

Did anyone made such project?

Marc Coevoet

Op 23/03/2021 om 13:00 schreef Zacharias Liangas via groups.io:
[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: corrections ]
Hello
This is a article from the old 73 magazine referred to the discriminator antenna designed for 1.6-4 MHz to provide *cardioid pattern lobes for reception only using phasing technique *with a *loop and a telescopic antenna* . It was given to a friend to afriend to get an idea on how he can redesign that for MW usage
https://app.box.com/s/nc0qnfc37m4tr3ugwbicozgofcyd65ai <https://app.box.com/s/nc0qnfc37m4tr3ugwbicozgofcyd65ai>
Notice that the file in view only mode and will be deleted soon !

goh! For such a big secret people will want to share the pdf? ;-) ?

Marc
For former Apple users: Xubuntu.org (menu's up left)
For former Windows users: Lubuntu.org (menu's down left)

Tony Magon

Hi All

You can download the whole 73 magazine from this url

Tony Magon VK2IC

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 11:23 PM Marc Coevoet <sintsixtus@...> wrote:
Op 23/03/2021 om 13:00 schreef Zacharias Liangas via groups.io:
> [Edited Message Follows]
> [Reason: corrections ]
>
> Hello
>
> This is a article from the old 73 magazine referred to the discriminator
> antenna designed for 1.6-4 MHz to provide *cardioid pattern lobes for
> reception only using phasing technique *with a *loop and a telescopic
> antenna* . It was given to a friend to afriend to get an idea on how he
> can redesign that for MW usage
>
> https://app.box.com/s/nc0qnfc37m4tr3ugwbicozgofcyd65ai
> <https://app.box.com/s/nc0qnfc37m4tr3ugwbicozgofcyd65ai>
>
> Notice that the file in view only mode and will be deleted soon !

goh!  For such a big secret people will want to share the pdf?  ;-) ?

Marc
For former Apple users: Xubuntu.org (menu's up left)
For former Windows users: Lubuntu.org (menu's down left)

Zacharias Liangas

Just thinking the IP problems if any !
MY idea is still clear : Using phased double loop to make a cadioid pattern for better killing of unwanted stations or noises !

goh! For such a big secret people will want to share the pdf? ;-) ?

Gord Seifert

   Hi,

"https://app.box.com/s/nc0qnfc37m4tr3ugwbicozgofcyd65ai

Notice that the file in view only mode and will be deleted soon"

    Why not make it downloadable? I have done screen shots of it and can make a pdf out of them, but why the restriction?

   Regards,
   Gord

Tony Magon

Hi Gord

you can download the whole 73 magazine from this url

Regards

Tony VK2IC

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 6:53 AM Gord Seifert <gks61711@...> wrote:

   Hi,

"https://app.box.com/s/nc0qnfc37m4tr3ugwbicozgofcyd65ai

Notice that the file in view only mode and will be deleted soon"

    Why not make it downloadable? I have done screen shots of it and can make a pdf out of them, but why the restriction?

   Regards,
   Gord

Zacharias Liangas

Edited

To anyone:

For supposedly copyright reasons if any.
That's s why

Steve Whitt

Just Google

discriminator antenna. by richard marris

and you’ll get a downloadable PDF

73

Steve

Notice that the file in view only mode and will be deleted soon"

    Why not make it downloadable? I have done screen shots of it and can make a pdf out of them, but why the restriction?

   Regards,
   Gord

edi

Hi,
Archive org. holds 73 magazines (1960 and later)
https://archive.org/details/73-magazine
Here is the link for the september 1994, pdf file downloadable
https://ia802701.us.archive.org/13/items/73-magazine-1994-09/09_September_1994.pdf

Regards
Edgardo

Il giorno ven 26 mar 2021 alle ore 12:08 Steve Whitt
<mwneditor@mwcircle.org> ha scritto:

Just Google

discriminator antenna. by richard marris

and you’ll get a downloadable PDF

73

Steve

Notice that the file in view only mode and will be deleted soon"

Why not make it downloadable? I have done screen shots of it and can make a pdf out of them, but why the restriction?

Regards,
Gord

Gord Seifert

   Thanks to you both! Have downloaded both the pdf of the article and the issue of 73. Found the article on the 160 meter transmitting antenna interesting too. Love loop antennas, and I hate rain and cold. If it can't fit in the attic it is out. Being  a listener only it is not so important that I start climbing trees in the constant rain of the west coast around the US-Canada border.

  Regards,
   Gord

edi

73 magazine was a magazine that made history in the radio field.
With the useful help of archive org you can download years of knowledge

Edgardo