Australian Assistance Needed-- "Radio 531"

Gary DeBock

This strong 531 kHz Australian station with an oldies music format was received at 1441 UTC on March 3 at the Rockwork ocean cliff during a sunrise session, and features an ID, "Radio Five Thirty One" at 34 seconds. Later on at 43 seconds there is another network ID, "on the ________ radio network." (it sounds like "civil radio network")  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/5ih24gvcr4t9jecqt2zo6mbusvbo9vzi

Does anyone in Oz know whether 531-4KZ has started IDing itself as "Radio Five Thirty One?" This station's format matches the long-tern format of 4KZ, but previously 4KZ identified itself as on the "KZ" network, and the network ID at 43 seconds certainly doesn't sound like "KZ" any more. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated-- thanks!

Gary DeBock
DXing at the Rockwork 2 Ocean Cliff (near Manzanita, OR, USA) from March 3-6

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

Gary,

Email 4KZ GM Al Kirton, al@... directly

He’s very dxer friendly and will at least say it isn’t then if it’s not then

Paul

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 2:42 PM Gary DeBock via groups.io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
This strong 531 kHz Australian station with an oldies music format was received at 1441 UTC on March 3 at the Rockwork ocean cliff during a sunrise session, and features an ID, "Radio Five Thirty One" at 34 seconds. Later on at 43 seconds there is another network ID, "on the ________ radio network." (it sounds like "civil radio network")  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/5ih24gvcr4t9jecqt2zo6mbusvbo9vzi

Does anyone in Oz know whether 531-4KZ has started IDing itself as "Radio Five Thirty One?" This station's format matches the long-tern format of 4KZ, but previously 4KZ identified itself as on the "KZ" network, and the network ID at 43 seconds certainly doesn't sound like "KZ" any more. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated-- thanks!

Gary DeBock
DXing at the Rockwork 2 Ocean Cliff (near Manzanita, OR, USA) from March 3-6

Paul Blundell

Hi Gary,

I have had a look at their website and social media, I can't find any reference to either slogan. I also noticed that neither had been updated in the past few months.

Paul

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 10:42 AM Gary DeBock via groups.io <D1028Gary=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
This strong 531 kHz Australian station with an oldies music format was received at 1441 UTC on March 3 at the Rockwork ocean cliff during a sunrise session, and features an ID, "Radio Five Thirty One" at 34 seconds. Later on at 43 seconds there is another network ID, "on the ________ radio network." (it sounds like "civil radio network")  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/5ih24gvcr4t9jecqt2zo6mbusvbo9vzi

Does anyone in Oz know whether 531-4KZ has started IDing itself as "Radio Five Thirty One?" This station's format matches the long-tern format of 4KZ, but previously 4KZ identified itself as on the "KZ" network, and the network ID at 43 seconds certainly doesn't sound like "KZ" any more. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated-- thanks!

Gary DeBock
DXing at the Rockwork 2 Ocean Cliff (near Manzanita, OR, USA) from March 3-6

Thanks Paul and Paul (no mistake),

Your suggestions are appreciated. Paul W., I'll email Al if this mystery isn't cleared up by tonight.

Gary

Chris Rogers

Hi Gary,
That is not 4KZ, but 2PM Kempsey. Good catch. can't hear it at my house because it is blocked by 3GG which is only 40k's down the road.
You are right at 34 second mark it says Radio Five Thirty One and at 43 seconds  "on the super radio network" which comes from 2SM
https://www.radio531.com.au/

Gary DeBock

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 09:19 PM, Chris Rogers wrote:
Hi Gary,
That is not 4KZ, but 2PM Kempsey. Good catch. can't hear it at my house because it is blocked by 3GG which is only 40k's down the road.
You are right at 34 second mark it says Radio Five Thirty One and at 43 seconds  "on the super radio network" which comes from 2SM
https://www.radio531.com.au/
Thanks Chris,

Your help is greatly appreciated, Neither of the eastern Australian 531 kHz stations (4KZ or 2PM) shows up very much at the "Kiwi Cliff" in Oregon in August, when I usually chase DX from your direction. It seems like in March the "Kiwi Cliff" has morphed into the "Oz Cliff," with 531-2PM and 4KZ kicking More FM and PI into the drink.

Gary