Final revision ULR DX Challenge 2020

Jorge Garzón

Hi!

I've already finished to revisite my Ross DX Challenge log and finally I have listened a total of 402 stations, but just identified 378 of them, so this is the final number: 378.

I've been really surprised for the achievement that I never could imagine before (and I am a DX'er since the 80's). It's rewarding, exciting and very interesting indeed. Thank you very much to all of you to show me this particular way to keep enjoying DXing together with my SDR and table receivers.

Just for your knowledge, we call in Spanish "DX de bolsillo" (Pocket DXing) to the English "ULR Dxing". I have worked 47 ITU radiocountries, and I also added a new menu category in my blog called "DX de Bolsillo/ULR DX". My blog is here: http://iberiadx.wordpress.com written in Spanish and some posts also in English. Under that menu category I have updated the number of radiocountries and add a page with audios recorded during the Challenge just to show how I heard some of the interesting stations included in the log.

I hope you enjoy it!!!

73 y buen DX.

Jorge Garzón Gutiérrez "IberiaDX"
(EB7EFA · EA1036 SWL · BDXC Member 1409)
QTH: IN83ag / 43º15' N · 03º56' W
Urb. San Roque 95, casa 5 (Villasevil)
39698 Santiurde de Toranzo (ESPAÑA - SPAIN)
Blog: IberiaDX  · Twitter: @IberiaDX

Michael.2E0IHW

¡Estupendo - felicitaciones, Jorge!

Desde hoy, voy a seguir tu blog.  Tu equipo y resultados en áreas con poco de QRM indiquan como podremos continuar juntos nuestro camino...

Espero que la nieve no te resulte inconveniente...

Michael 2E0IHW

PS: google will hopefully fill in the gaps...

On 12/01/2021 19:05, Jorge Garzón via groups.io wrote:
I've already finished to revisite my Ross DX Challenge log and finally I have listened a total of 402 stations, but just identified 378 of them, so this is the final number: 378.

I've been really surprised for the achievement that I never could imagine before (and I am a DX'er since the 80's). It's rewarding, exciting and very interesting indeed. Thank you very much to all of you to show me this particular way to keep enjoying DXing together with my SDR and table receivers.

Paul Blundell

Well done and thanks for sharing your success.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 6:05 AM Jorge Garzón via groups.io <iberiaDX=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Great - congratulations, Jorge!

From today, I will follow your blog. Your team and results in areas with little QRM indicate how we can continue our journey together ...

I hope the snow is not inconvenient for you ...

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 11:05 AM, Jorge Garzón wrote:
I've already finished to revisite my Ross DX Challenge log and finally I have listened a total of 402 stations, but just identified 378 of them, so this is the final number: 378.

I've been really surprised for the achievement that I never could imagine before (and I am a DX'er since the 80's). It's rewarding, exciting and very interesting indeed. Thank you very much to all of you to show me this particular way to keep enjoying DXing together with my SDR and table receivers.

Hello Again Jorge,

Thank you for sharing the details of your amazing Ross DX Challenge results, and also for introducing us to your other radio DXing activities as described in your Iberia DX website.

We are always happy when an experienced DXer like you discovers the unique challenge and thrills of pocket radio DXing. This trend has been going on in North America, Europe and Japan for quite some time, along with some notable interest in Australia and New Zealand. South American DXers seem to be especially intrigued by the ferrite antenna experimentation, and hobbyists around the world now have a new option to enjoy long range DXing excitement.

On your Iberia DX website I noticed that you also have interest in Longwave DXing for distant NDB's (aeronautical beacons). Actually, there is a branch of Ultralight radio DXing that is related to this, where we use Longwave-optimized FSL antennas and Longwave-optimized radio loopsticks to chase very distant NDB's. An example was last summer, where an ocean cliff on the Oregon state coast provided reception of two very low powered New Zealand NDB's   https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/mj6i4e4sg9j9gd54273nb35gb8r555fo
These were 362-WK in Whakatane, New Zealand (25 watts at 11,017 km) and 366-SF in Springfield, New Zealand (50 watts at 10,977 km). These were received at local sunrise on a 7.5 inch Longwave loopstick Tecsun PL-380 Ultralight radio, assisted by a 12 inch Longwave FSL. This kind of DXing is very fascinating, since the NDB's are continually broadcasting ID's, and you only need to receive one good ID for DXing success.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)