North East US-Canada Aurora

Paul S. in CT

Just in from SWPC prediction pages, looks like the show is about to begin to the North and NNE. Neighbors just finished clearing trees last week and now have a 50 mile view including WRCH antenna complex 16 miles away.
.2 Auroras I saw were August 1972 (early 4th, 5th or 6th) and March 1989 ( before St Patricks Day...12 or 13 or 14). Aug 1972 in Maine on vacation, March 89 at home in CT..

Northern Lights indeed.

Paul S. in CT FN31nl

John A. Figliozzi

Just checked online though and the reports say that the chance for seeing it in New England and upstate NY (where I am) has diminished considerably unfortunately.

John Figliozzi

On Dec 10, 2020, at 9:23 PM, Paul S. in CT <dxrx@...> wrote:

Just in from SWPC prediction pages, looks like the show is about to begin to the North and NNE. Neighbors just finished clearing trees last week and now have a 50 mile view including WRCH antenna complex 16 miles away.
.2 Auroras I saw were August 1972 (early 4th, 5th or 6th) and March 1989 ( before St Patricks Day...12 or 13 or 14). Aug 1972 in Maine on vacation, March 89 at home in CT..

Northern Lights indeed.

Paul S. in CT FN31nl

Alex klauber <alex.klauber1960@...>

John, the local news from Utica says viewing could be at 6:00 AM our time

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 9:38 PM John A. Figliozzi <jfiglio1@...> wrote:
Just checked online though and the reports say that the chance for seeing it in New England and upstate NY (where I am) has diminished considerably unfortunately.

John Figliozzi

> On Dec 10, 2020, at 9:23 PM, Paul S. in CT <dxrx@...> wrote:
>
> Just in from SWPC prediction pages, looks like the show is about to begin to the North and NNE. Neighbors just  finished clearing  trees last week and now have a 50 mile view including WRCH antenna complex 16 miles away.
> .2 Auroras I saw were August 1972 (early 4th, 5th or 6th) and March 1989 ( before St Patricks Day...12 or 13 or 14). Aug 1972 in Maine on vacation, March 89 at home in CT..
>
> Northern Lights indeed.
>
> Paul S. in CT FN31nl

radiojayallen

AH! You brought back Connecticut memories for me as i worked within view of Rattlesnake Mountain (WRC's tower) up until I retired. I miss the old radio ranch!

Jay (now a Kentucky resident)