Long Term DX Project - 27/11/2020

Paul Blundell

Date: 27/11/2020

Time: 12:15am

Location: Home, Launceston Tasmania

Notes: A late night session, just after midnight. A good mix of signals across the band with the three, 50KW big guns all hitting excellent signal levels. 3GG on 531kHz was a little down compared to what I would expect. 3KND on 1503Khz was a better signal than I was expecting. This was my first session with my “new” AR-1733 so this might have accounted for part of this.

FREQ

CALLSIGN

LOGGED

DATE

RADIO

AERIAL

531

3GG

GOOD

27/11/2020

AR-1733

Internal

549

2CR

AVERAGE

27/11/2020

AR-1733

Internal

594

3WV

EXCELLENT

27/11/2020

AR-1733

Internal

621

3RN

EXCELLENT

27/11/2020

AR-1733

Internal

774

3LO

EXCELLENT

27/11/2020

AR-1733

Internal

1053

2CA

AVERAGE

27/11/2020

AR-1733

Internal

1179

3RPH

AVERAGE

27/11/2020

AR-1733

Internal

1341

HPON GEELONG

GOOD

27/11/2020

AR-1733

Internal

1422

HPON MELBOURNE

GOOD

27/11/2020

AR-1733

Internal

1503

3KND

GOOD

27/11/2020

AR-1733

Internal

Max Italy

Hi Paul, i tried to listen the KiwiSDR near Launceston at 11.00 UTC and i see signals in all the 9kHz channels and 5 or 6 more in the extended band. That makes a total of more than 100 stations.
The antenna is a Carolina Windom 40 http://www.radioworks.com/ccw40.html
According to my experience with a kiwiSDR near my home with similar antenna i think that most of these signals should be received with a indoor air loop antenna or FSL. Maybe not all in the same night because many are below readability but many of them.

What is your experience?

Paul Blundell

Great to hear.

Most nights I can log stations on most frequencies, I have been keeping a list of this and will update this in the next few weeks as I get time.