Topics

Loggings - 5/1/2020 - Mt Direction

Paul Blundell

Over the past few months my Ultralight DXing has taken a back seat, this has seen me relaunch my blog under a new URL and refocus on the core elements which first brought me to the Ultralight DXing hobby in the first place.

Today was my first session back out, for this I decided to tackle Mt Direction which is about half way between Launceston and George Town. I made it about 2/3 of the way up and found a good location to setup.

FREQ STATION
531KHz  - 3GG
540KHz  - 7SD
549KHz  - 2CR
585KHz  - 7RN
594KHz  - 3WV
621KHz  - 3RN
693KHz  - 3AW
720KHz  - 3MT
747KHz  - 7PB
774KHz  - 3LO
828KHz  - 3GI
855KHz  - 3CR
864KHz  - 7RPH
936KHz  - 7ZR
1008KHz - HPON Launceston
1080KHz - HPON Hobart
1224KHz - 3EA
1242KHz - 3GV
1341KHz - HPON Geelong
1422KHz - HPON Melbourne

On the way down I ran in to some of our native wildlife, including a close encounter with a decent size Tiger Snake (We have three types of snakes in Tasmania, all are extremely venomous. The Tiger Snake in the one you least want to run in to)

Photos: https://ultralightradiodxing.blogspot.com/2020/01/loggings-512020-mt-direction.html

--
Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX

radiojayallen

Great pictures Paul...but the wildlife around you looks pretty scary!

Jay

Paul Blundell

Thanks Jay, yeah the snakes down here are not too bad but if they get upset you can be in trouble.