Yahoo Groups Notice- Content Removal

Paul S. in CT

I have copied this from the World of Radio Group this morning. It is formatted as 80 characters wide. email addresses removed.

8a. Yahoo Groups
From: Dan Robinson
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 23:38:02 EDT

For anyone still using Yahoo groups, see this post which was put up by someone on
the Kenwood R-5000 group:

*Attention:* Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user
created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October
28, 2019. Learn More at
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_GRPS&locale=en_US&id=SLN31010&
actp=email

In short, any files and photos on any yahoo group will go away as of
December 14 so if there is any content you want or need from any of your yahoo
groups you had better get it now.

Jim Pruitt

This was posted to a owners/moderators groups.io group for which I am a member;

Understand what's changing in Yahoo Groups

Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to the
Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 21, you won't be able to upload any more
content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted content on the
site will be permanently removed. You'll have until that date to save anything
you've uploaded.

What features will go away?
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html?impressions=true#cont1

* Files
* Polls
* Links
* Photos
* Folders
* Calendar
* Database
* Attachments
* Conversations
* Email Updates
* Message Digest
* Message History

What will happen to the site?
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html?impressions=true#cont1

The Yahoo Groups site will continue to exist, however, all public groups will be
made private or restricted. Any new group members will need to request an invite
or be invited by an admin. Admins will still be able to manage various group
settings, though some functionality will be limited.

What will happen on October 21st?
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html?impressions=true#cont1

On October 21st, you will no longer be able to upload any content to the site.
To share info with members of your groups, you'll continue to be able to do so
via email.

How can I keep my Yahoo Groups content?
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html?impressions=true#cont1

Photos and files can be saved
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/photos-files-saved-sln2526.html
right from the Yahoo Groups site, or you can download your data from the Privacy
Dashboard located here;
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/download-data-privacy-dashboard-sln28671.html

Will I be able to use Yahoo Groups going forward?
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html?impressions=true#cont1

You'll still be able to communicate with your groups via email and search for
private groups on the site. In addition, admins will continue to have limited
access to group settings and administration tools.
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html

End of Message

Understand that content must be downloaded and saved elsewhere, or removed from
the Y-Groups site.

Sadly, and with regards
Paul S. in CT FN31nl

Phil Pasteur

This was posted in the Celestron_AS group. The link is to software that allows one to download content from groups. I haven't checked into it further.

"

Yahoo groups are closing on December 14th.

All content will be deleted.

If you want to backup the posts, photos & files from this group you can use a program called PG Offline.

It has a 14 day free trial which will be ample time to download this group.

http://www.personalgroupware.com/downloads.htm

Cheers,

Wilson Logan (PGO Creator)."

Paul Blundell

I believe that we moved all of our content across when we moved the group earlier this year.

Paul

--
Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX

Phillip Fimiani

Yup theres Ultralight - main and Ultralight experimenters groups

On Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 4:13:57 PM EDT, Paul Blundell <tanger32au@...> wrote:

[...]

73
Phil
KD2HTN / WA2069SWL