Tassie Changes

Paul Blundell

In the next couple of weeks 7BU is going to FM and will be on 100.9. 7AD will be on 98.9FM.

I will be keeping a close ear on 558kHz and 900kHz during the change to see what stations them shutting down will allow me to hear.

--
Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX

Dan Merta

Thanks for the heads up on this. On 558kHz you should be able to hear 6WA from Wagin at night.
I'll try to make some recordings of 7BU & 7AD before they are shut down.

Gary DeBock

Paul,

You should try for 558-Radio Fiji One around your local sunset after 7BU stops transmitting on 558. The native-language Fiji station was recently supplied with a new 10 kW transmitter, which has excellent signal strength on the Oregon state coast (about 10,000 km distant). We have also received 558-6WA and 7BU during our DXpeditions, but Fiji is the dominant station on 558. This was its S9 signal during our Rockwork ocean cliff DXpedition last August (with native language music, and a song medley ID after that)  https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/vhwdviemmimdxervjaoe1qqci7a59dqj

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Theo <theod438@...>

I'd think Radio Sport from Invercargill, NZ's Dacre site might be more likely.

Gary DeBock

<<<   I'd think Radio Sport from Invercargill, NZ's Dacre site might be more likely.    >>>

Since 558-Radio Sport has always been an underperformer in this direction you may be right, Theo-- maybe more signal toward Tassie? At least around local sunset Paul wouldn't need to decipher the bizarre Yankee accent during the station's overnight Fox Sports News relay.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

I'd think Radio Sport from Invercargill, NZ's Dacre site might be more likely.

Dan Merta

 As I type the shutdown is due to occur in 12 days 9 hours 12 mins. But It appears that they have turned down the power on the transmitters as I can't receive them in Melbourne any more.
I was going to record some hours of 7BU & 7AD for posterity but it appears I can't now. Pity they can't run the mitters at full power until the shut down.
Dan.

Paul Blundell

I have also noticed they are down in signal level, I can barely hear them most of the time...

On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 8:50 PM Dan Merta <dnmerta0@...> wrote:
 As I type the shutdown is due to occur in 12 days 9 hours 12 mins. But It appears that they have turned down the power on the transmitters as I can't receive them in Melbourne any more.
I was going to record some hours of 7BU & 7AD for posterity but it appears I can't now. Pity they can't run the mitters at full power until the shut down.
Dan.

Paul - Moderator
UltralightDX

Max Italy