new info maybe ?

Dean Wayman

Was  just wondering if the FSL guys have seen this ? and does it help us in some way ?

http://g3rbj.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Web_-The_Inductance_of_Ferrite_Rod_Antennas.pdf

Dean_0

Steve Ratzlaff

Alan Payne has a whole bunch of interesting papers on his webpage. They're all very technical, like this one, and I can't say that this one helps me in building a FSL.      :)

Steve

On 3/11/2017 6:46 PM, dean_0_way@... [ultralightdx] wrote:

Was  just wondering if the FSL guys have seen this ? and does it help us in some way ?

http://g3rbj.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Web_-The_Inductance_of_Ferrite_Rod_Antennas.pdf

Dean Wayman

Ok:

Maybe i should say what i meant ?

I found the part in 4. kind of interesting ,where it talks about inside and outside reluctance of a coil ,the way i understand it by using a coil like we do the reluctance inside is higher ,and so adding ferrite there we get more boost .

Also paragraph 5.3.

Where he says that  ferrite rods usually have actually less permeability than stated ?

I am not saying i understand any of his maths ,this paper seems to be made for formula's but ,maybe higher permeability is some thing to be  considered .

You guy's have built more of these than i ever will so :P

I'm still learning and thinking (digesting )

Dean_0

Jordan Dobrikin <jjdobrikin@...>

Hi
The higher the permeability the higher the Resonant Frequency that can be achieved; into the HF/SWL ranges.

The higher the permeability with Litz wire coils means fewer turns hence Higher Q for a given length/number of turns.

For MW/LW  quality of Litz will mitigate lower cost; lower permeability, IMHO

73 de Jordan ve7jjd

--
73 Jordan VE7JJD

Jordan Dobrikin <jjdobrikin@...>

Hi
Here's another one to ponder; using ferrite rods of the same size but but different permeability's in a FSL array.
73 de Jordan ve7jjd