New file uploaded to ultralightdx

ultralightdx@...

Hello,

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ultralightdx
group.

File : /VT111/VT111mod.pdf
Uploaded by : ferrite61 <ferrite61@...>
Description : pdf version of the VT-111 modification

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

ferrite61 <ferrite61@...>

Ryan Martin

Paul,

Thanks for the credit you gave me in your mod article. This winter I'm going to glue an antenna mount on the top of the Vite case and mount the antenna to it much like Gary D's mods.

I have to say the other radio under $15 I like is Kaito's KA 228. However, quality control is terrible on this radio and I had to finish soldering a lot of the internal components just to get it to work properly. Once it's assembled correctly, it's extremely sensitive in stock form. Selectivity is slightly lacking but for $10 shipped I'm not complaining.

Ryan

Paul S. in CT

You're welcome, you did the heavy lifting first.

I tried locating the stock ferrite bar very close/on the case. My quick experiment indicated not good. The closer it got the worse the RX.

Regards
Paul S. in CT FN31nl

Jordan Dobrikin <jjdobrikin@...>

Hi

For those of you who have hands on experience I would like to hear your opinion(s) on modifying the radio

It is clear that work has to be done with a/the antenna to get full potential.

My first thought is a little longer, more robust cable/wire connection to the original ferrite loop.

Second thought(s) are to fabricate a loop with additional and original ferrite.

Third thought is to put a jack in the radio to accept one of the T shaped Loops by Tecsun and others, possible problem with this is that it may not move the ferrite far enough from the Radio.

Fourth is to build a super loop on a frame that moves the ferrite(s) further away from the Radio.
73 de Jordan ve7jjd

--
73 Jordan VE7JJD