Station # 1400 on Ultralight Radio

Allen Willie

Hello To All,

During this morning's Bristol Hope Ultralight radio  DXpedition another new entry was added to my Ultralight radio logbook.

Somewhat of a landmark entry after almost a month with no new entries

  900 - WJLG - Savannah, Georgia 8:00 UTC  8/7/16 w/ Fox Sports Radio, The Ticket ID's sportstalk about baseball

Ultralight Station # 1400

Receiver: Sony SRF-M37W barefoot mode

Allen Willie VOPC1AA

Carbonear, Newfoundland

robert ross

Good Show Allen…..1400 ULR Stations, That's amazing!! I wonder if John Bryant could have ever imagined that someone would attain this level on an Ultralight???

I know Gary would…..because He knows almost anything is possible on a ULR!!!

Keep on Chugging…I'm sure # 1500 is out there somewhere!

73…ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

On 2016-08-07, at 12:16 PM, vo1_001_swl@... [ultralightdx] wrote:

Hello To All,

During this morning's Bristol Hope Ultralight radio  DXpedition another new entry was added to my Ultralight radio logbook.

Somewhat of a landmark entry after almost a month with no new entries

  900 - WJLG - Savannah, Georgia 8:00 UTC  8/7/16 w/ Fox Sports Radio, The Ticket ID's sportstalk about baseball

Ultralight Station # 1400

Receiver: Sony SRF-M37W barefoot mode

Allen Willie VOPC1AA

Carbonear, Newfoundland

Gary DeBock

Hello Allen and Rob,

Greetings from the wacky and wild ocean cliff (where the rain and wind failed to knock the Ultralights out of action this morning),

Allen, you really rock!!! You are a great inspiration not only to the Ultralight group, but to Ultralight transoceanic DXers as well (all 2 of us)!! Keep up the great work, brother..

73, Gary

On 2016-08-07, at 12:16 PM, vo1_001_swl@... [ultralightdx] wrote:

Hello To All,
During this morning's Bristol Hope Ultralight radio  DXpedition another new entry was added to my Ultralight radio logbook.
Somewhat of a landmark entry after almost a month with no new entries
  900 - WJLG - Savannah, Georgia 8:00 UTC  8/7/16 w/ Fox Sports Radio, The Ticket ID's sportstalk about baseball
Ultralight Station # 1400
Receiver: Sony SRF-M37W barefoot mode
Allen Willie VOPC1AA
Carbonear, Newfoundland

Michael <michael.setaazul@...>

Envious congratulations from t'other side of The Pond!

Michael

On 07.08.16 18:18, D1028Gary@... [ultralightdx] wrote:
. . .
Allen, you really rock!!! You are a great inspiration not only to the
Ultralight group, but to Ultralight transoceanic DXers as well (all 2 of
us)!! Keep up the great work, brother..

73, Gary

Peter Laws

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 11:16 AM, vo1_001_swl@... [ultralightdx]
<ultralightdx@...> wrote:

Ultralight Station # 1400

Really very impressive! Congratulations!

It saddens me that at a time when MW receiver technology is *so* good,
the industry is dying, more in Canada than the US but here, too.

I was just reading an article out of Montreal about how most of the
channels that I listened to as a kid are now *dark*. And Montreal, is
a metro of ~4M!! (2/3 of whom claim a "mother tongue" of French with
the rest primarily, but hardly exclusively, English). Crazy.

(This is the article if you are intereted:
http://blog.fagstein.com/2016/08/04/ttp-media-abandons-850-am/)

Well done. I hope to be back in to it in the near future, just need to get some equipment.

Gary DeBock

Hello Paul,

<<<   I hope to be back in to it in the near future, just need to get some equipment.   >>>

Great to hear from you again! I was thinking of you a couple days ago, when 585-7RN was pounding in :-)

If you would like another hot-rodded Ultralight (the latest wacky version, with a small FSL attached), please let me know.

73, Gary

Well done. I hope to be back in to it in the near future, just need to get some equipment.

bill@...

My wife and I left Savannah this morning, 8-11-16 listening to WJLG.
Bill Slugg

Albany, GA