Mid Afternoon Station Captures with new modified 3" FSL

jerry_popiel

Guys, today tried out the newly constructed 3" FSL for daytime AM Dxing and had some good results from my home base of Winnipeg, Manitoba  Canada.

1) Station WNAX (5000 watts) - 570 kHz  in Yankton South Dakota - 536 miles distance - talk radio - was received at a signal level of 35/10 on the Tecsun PL-380 receiver.

2) Station CKRM (10,000 watts ) - 620 kHz in Regina Saskatchewan- 354 miles - mostly western music -was received at a signal level of 40/15.

3) Station KNOX (5000 watts) 1310 kHz in Bismarck, North Dakota - 150 miles - Basketball play by play was received at a local station level of 45/23.

All station captures were received inside the house as the daytime temperatures were at -14 which is too cold for any extensive AM DXing outside. I will try to add photos of the reception captures. Thanks.

Jerry