8 Years Later and more fun ahead

Allen Willie

Hello To All,

Well it was 8 years this week that I was first introduced to Ultralight Radio DXing through the encouragement of the late John Bryant and Ultralight radio extraordinaires, Gary DeBock and Robert Ross . They asked me if I would be interested in posting some logs of what I had been hearing on my newly acquired Sony SRF-M37V  Ultralight . As they say the rest is history.

It has been a fun run here in the North Atlantic DXing along with these great people and marvellous machines searching for distant DX. I look forward to many more wonderful years ahead in this unique niche of the radio DXing hobby.

Good DX to All

Allen Willie

Carbonear, Newfoundland

robert ross

Yes Allen…and in those 8 Years, you have eclipsed all reasonable boundaries of what should be possible using a Pocket Radio!!! You have left us all in the Dust and we all bow to you as one of the ULR DX Greats!!! It looks like we may have created an East Coast ULR Monster without even realizing it!! HAHAHHAHHA…..

Glad you have had such great fun Allen, after all, that is what the Hobby is all about…having Fun!! And we've had great fun reading all of your amazing Logs from the Rock!! Keep up the good work and many more years with your trusted M37V……

73…ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

On 2016-01-05, at 9:49 PM, vo1_001_swl@... [ultralightdx] wrote:

Hello To All,

Well it was 8 years this week that I was first introduced to Ultralight Radio DXing through the encouragement of the late John Bryant and Ultralight radio extraordinaires, Gary DeBock and Robert Ross . They asked me if I would be interested in posting some logs of what I had been hearing on my newly acquired Sony SRF-M37V  Ultralight . As they say the rest is history.

It has been a fun run here in the North Atlantic DXing along with these great people and marvellous machines searching for distant DX. I look forward to many more wonderful years ahead in this unique niche of the radio DXing hobby.

Good DX to All

Allen Willie

Carbonear, Newfoundland

afritsch1@...

Hello Allen,

I saw some of the replies to you and thought they were for me, Ha!
I am in Milford Ohio, USA and I go back lots of years, I am 85.  My first sw radio was a Star Roamer Kit.  I had more fun with it than many others.

In the 50’s there was many more stations on SW and it was easy to log lots of DX with a cheap receiver and a longwire antenna.

Those were the days.

Regards,  Allen Fritsch

Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 9:49 PM
Subject: [ultralightdx] 8 Years Later and more fun ahead

Hello To All,

Well it was 8 years this week that I was first introduced to Ultralight Radio DXing through the encouragement of the late John Bryant and Ultralight radio extraordinaires, Gary DeBock and Robert Ross . They asked me if I would be interested in posting some logs of what I had been hearing on my newly acquired Sony SRF-M37V  Ultralight . As they say the rest is history.

It has been a fun run here in the North Atlantic DXing along with these great people and marvellous machines searching for distant DX. I look forward to many more wonderful years ahead in this unique niche of the radio DXing hobby.

Good DX to All

Allen Willie

Carbonear, Newfoundland

Tony Ward

Congratulations Allen! We miss the conditions that gave rise to your amazing reports, but things are on the turn once more perhaps. I was wondering if you had noted the return of the 3 KNR Greenland stations to the air? 570, 650, and particularly Simiutaq on 720 that you used to hear fairly regularly I think.

--- Tony Ward (VE3NO), Whitby, ON