Two New ULR Logs- It's Been a While...

jcereghin@...

A real dry spell with ULR DXing due to something called life, but I was able to log two new ULR stations tonight:

970 WZAN Portland ME, 404 miles, 1800 Eastern.  "News Radio 970 WZAN" and local ads.  One of my most wanted stations.  ULR #942

990 WXCT Southington CT, 213 miles, 1815 Eastern.  IDed as WACM, mentions of "Your place for Good Time Oldies" and Hartford and Springfield.  ULR #943

Used my PL310 barefoot.

John Cereghin

Smyrna DE

Rik

On 990 WXCT, did you hear any mention of a sister station on 1490? I have been hearing a very local sounding  oldies station when I drive west over the ridge here in NE CT  during the day which serves Springfieds MA area , and gives two frequencies. The other freq is in the 900's I think and serves Meridan and Southington area of CT.

Great catches from your location! - FARMERIK

John Cereghin <jcereghin@...>

No I didn't but I may have missed it.  Definitely heard an ID for WACM plus mentions of Hartford and Springfield.

John Cereghin

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 7:51 PM, farmerik@... [ultralightdx] <ultralightdx@...> wrote:

On 990 WXCT, did you hear any mention of a sister station on 1490? I have been hearing a very local sounding  oldies station when I drive west over the ridge here in NE CT  during the day which serves Springfieds MA area , and gives two frequencies. The other freq is in the 900's I think and serves Meridan and Southington area of CT.

Stan Horzepa

990 WXCT is in Southington (just down the hill from me).

WACM on 1490 is its sister station and it is in Springfield.

Stan, WA1LOU

On 10/30/15 7:51 PM, farmerik@... [ultralightdx] wrote: