Two New ULR Logs- It's Been a While...

jcereghin@...

A real dry spell with ULR DXing due to something called life, but I was able to log two new ULR stations tonight:

970 WZAN Portland ME, 404 miles, 1800 Eastern.  "News Radio 970 WZAN" and local ads.  One of my most wanted stations.  ULR #942

990 WXCT Southington CT, 213 miles, 1815 Eastern.  IDed as WACM, mentions of "Your place for Good Time Oldies" and Hartford and Springfield.  ULR #943

Used my PL310 barefoot.

John Cereghin

Smyrna DE

Rik

On 990 WXCT, did you hear any mention of a sister station on 1490? I have been hearing a very local sounding  oldies station when I drive west over the ridge here in NE CT  during the day which serves Springfieds MA area , and gives two frequencies. The other freq is in the 900's I think and serves Meridan and Southington area of CT.

Great catches from your location! - FARMERIK

John Cereghin <jcereghin@...>

No I didn't but I may have missed it.  Definitely heard an ID for WACM plus mentions of Hartford and Springfield.

John Cereghin

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 7:51 PM, farmerik@... [ultralightdx] <ultralightdx@...> wrote:

On 990 WXCT, did you hear any mention of a sister station on 1490? I have been hearing a very local sounding  oldies station when I drive west over the ridge here in NE CT  during the day which serves Springfieds MA area , and gives two frequencies. The other freq is in the 900's I think and serves Meridan and Southington area of CT.

Great catches from your location! - FARMERIK

Stan Horzepa

990 WXCT is in Southington (just down the hill from me).

WACM on 1490 is its sister station and it is in Springfield.

73,

Stan, WA1LOU