Group Stats

Paul Blundell

Today I had some spare time so I did some stats on this group. I noticed a couple of things.

1 - Since 2010 the total number of posts per year has dropped each year.

2 - April / May / June are the months with the least posts, this is based on the average posts per month for each month since the group has started.

Paul

Paul S. in CT

Its not very surprising to see this fleshed out. Summer months in general are poor TX/RX conditions DX-wise. The DSP revolution has come and gone, and after a full 6 years, the few but important design flaws / variable QC still hasn't changed much on the UL side of the equation. Note that NON-UL sets have enjoyed some interesting improvements. I also note that there are some fairly good less-than-$20 FM only DSP sets... a reletively unexplored area of our group. At first thought the Tecsun PL-100 and PL-118 come to mind.

Personally, its been a bit dry DX-wise here. The QRM is just getting stronger, and theres been a few catches, but nothing worth writing about, just area 1kW-5kW nighttimes. SW is drying up as the internet is the 800 Lb gorilla in the room.

JMH2c

Paul S. in CT

Paul Blundell

All very true points. I will continue to update the stats / graphs over time.