Dead DT-400W

Stephen H. Ponder <stephen_ponder@...>

Gary,

Thanks for the 'reset' info on the DT-400W. I have two of them. One I keep stowed away - without batteries - in my radio "vault" (closet). The other one stays by my side of the bed, batteries installed, ready for DX.

73 & Good DX,

Steve Ponder, N5WBI
Houston, TX
_____________________
Sent from my Kindle Fire HD

Gary Kinsman

All,

I'll answer my own question.

To reset the DT-400W, I left the batteries out of it for 20 to 30 minutes. After this, I put in some fresh batteries and it sprang back to life.

I'm glad to have my little yellow buddy back again, alive and well.

-Gary

Gary Kinsman

Hello all,

I decided it was time to charge the NiMH batteries in my DT-200VX and DT-400W today. When I pulled the DT-400W out of its case, the display was blank. I put in a set of freshly-charged batteries and the display was still blank, and as expected, the power switch didn't work.

I don't see any reset hole in the DT-400W case. Is there a way to reset it?

Maybe it's just toast, although it seems odd that it would die just sitting peacefully in its case on battery power.

Regards,
Gary