Dead DT-400W

Gary Kinsman

Hello all,

I decided it was time to charge the NiMH batteries in my DT-200VX and DT-400W today. When I pulled the DT-400W out of its case, the display was blank. I put in a set of freshly-charged batteries and the display was still blank, and as expected, the power switch didn't work.

I don't see any reset hole in the DT-400W case. Is there a way to reset it?

Maybe it's just toast, although it seems odd that it would die just sitting peacefully in its case on battery power.

Regards,
Gary

Gary Kinsman

All,

I'll answer my own question.

To reset the DT-400W, I left the batteries out of it for 20 to 30 minutes. After this, I put in some fresh batteries and it sprang back to life.

I'm glad to have my little yellow buddy back again, alive and well.

-Gary

Stephen H. Ponder <stephen_ponder@...>

Gary,

Thanks for the 'reset' info on the DT-400W. I have two of them. One I keep stowed away - without batteries - in my radio "vault" (closet). The other one stays by my side of the bed, batteries installed, ready for DX.

73 & Good DX,

Steve Ponder, N5WBI
Houston, TX
Sent from my Kindle Fire HD