Tescum Pl-210 Alignment Instructions or Schematic Needed

maxyhopy

I just received my new Tescum Pl-210 and I noticed that it is off frequency and also probably needs to be re-aligned. In my opinion most of the Chinese manufactured radio are mass produced and their main concern is getting them out the door and do not pay any attention to quality control. If anyone had a schematic, service manual or the alignment instruction please contact me. Any help is appreciated.

josephrot

In addition, this kind of adjustment is best accomplished with a properly attached frequency counter. In many instances, there is no better or more accurate substitute.

Joe

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "maxyhopy" <fsphotos@...> wrote:

I just received my new Tescum Pl-210 and I noticed that it is off frequency and also probably needs to be re-aligned. In my opinion most of the Chinese manufactured radio are mass produced and their main concern is getting them out the door and do not pay any attention to quality control. If anyone had a schematic, service manual or the alignment instruction please contact me. Any help is appreciated.

Gabriel Velez

Frequency counter, or *generator*?

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "josephrot" <joerotello@...> wrote:

In addition, this kind of adjustment is best accomplished with a properly attached frequency counter. In many instances, there is no better or more accurate substitute.

Joe

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "maxyhopy" <fsphotos@> wrote:

I just received my new Tescum Pl-210 and I noticed that it is off frequency and also probably needs to be re-aligned. In my opinion most of the Chinese manufactured radio are mass produced and their main concern is getting them out the door and do not pay any attention to quality control. If anyone had a schematic, service manual or the alignment instruction please contact me. Any help is appreciated.

josephrot

Well, you COULD use both, but for most modern receivers, you -- and the receiver too -- are usually better off using a frequency counter to set items like the PLL base frequency oscillator trimmer, LO mixer insertion frequency, et al.

VERY rare are the current vintage receivers that you can "set by WWV or CHU" and things would likely work, etc.

Joe

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "gabevee" <gabevee@...> wrote:

Frequency counter, or *generator*?

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "josephrot" <joerotello@> wrote:

In addition, this kind of adjustment is best accomplished with a properly attached frequency counter. In many instances, there is no better or more accurate substitute.

Joe

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "maxyhopy" <fsphotos@> wrote:

I just received my new Tescum Pl-210 and I noticed that it is off frequency and also probably needs to be re-aligned. In my opinion most of the Chinese manufactured radio are mass produced and their main concern is getting them out the door and do not pay any attention to quality control. If anyone had a schematic, service manual or the alignment instruction please contact me. Any help is appreciated.

maxyhopy

Hi Everyone,

I decided to send a email directly to Tecsum and ask them for the schematics and to my surprise they sent me the complete set of schematics. I will upload the pdf to the files area.

ferrite61 <dxrx@...>

Somewhere's on the interneet I found a schematic for the R-911 model, and it resides here, for the tinkers. It would be interesting to note the similarity between some simpler models like the R-9012/R-912/R-911.

Paul S. in CT

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "maxyhopy" <fsphotos@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I decided to send a email directly to Tecsum and ask them for the schematics and to my surprise they sent me the complete set of schematics. I will upload the pdf to the files area.

josephrot

Egad! If only Tecsun could be induced to supply those same quality documents for the PL-660 unit.

Joe

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "maxyhopy" <fsphotos@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I decided to send a email directly to Tecsum and ask them for the schematics and to my surprise they sent me the complete set of schematics. I will upload the pdf to the files area.

maxyhopy

Hi Joe,

Well if you want I can ask them. Let me give it a try, you never know.

Frank