FM Log # 500

Allen Willie

RE:
Yesterday during a skip I logged station #500 on an ultralight radio.

6/23/13
1524 UTC 92.1 MHz WLTQ-FM, Venice FL (1744 km/1084 mi) on a barefoot Tecsun PL-310ET receiceiver.
Richard.

Richard Allen,
near Perry OK USA.

Richard,

Congrats on your success in Ultralight FM Dxing, That's quite a milestone you've attained using the Ultralight machines.

When I lived in Alberta in earlier years I managed to log over 500 FM stations from there but they were heard on much different receivers.

I keep listening here for FM skip but we don't seem to get much skip here or else I'm not in the right place at the right time for it.

Keep logging them

Allen Willie
Bristol's Hope, Newfoundland

Gary DeBock

Richard,

Congratulations on receiving FM station #500 on ultralight radios-- an amazing accomplishment. It's great that you live in such a favorable location for the chase, and can enjoy FM-DX on ultralights just when the AM-DX hits the summer skids.

Like Allen, I live in a coastal location where long range FM-DX doesn't seem to show up very often. During the summer AM-band doldrums, about the only exciting activity here is to storm the Oregon ocean cliffs with FSL's around sunrise, and make recordings of local-like Kiwi stations boosted by freakish cliff propagation.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Yesterday during a skip I logged station #500 on an ultralight radio.

6/23/13
1524 UTC 92.1 MHz WLTQ-FM, Venice FL (1744 km/1084 mi) on a barefoot Tecsun PL-310ET receiceiver.

Richard.

Richard Allen,
near Perry OK USA.

Richard,

Congrats on your success in Ultralight FM Dxing, That's quite a milestone you've attained using the Ultralight machines.

When I lived in Alberta in earlier years I managed to log over 500 FM stations from there but they were heard on much different receivers.

I keep listening here for FM skip but we don't seem to get much skip here or else I'm not in the right place at the right time for it.

Keep logging them

Allen Willie
Bristol's Hope, Newfoundland

bbwrwy

Thank you for your congratulatory messages.

I do live in a good location for FM DX. On Saturday morning I was receiving station from east Texas, one was 518 km (322 mi) away. There are no mountains here to block signals and the air is sometimes moist enough for long distance propagaton. An example is the reception KSTP-FM and KLTK-FM, in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, at a distance of 1030 km (640 mi), via the tropospheric mode of propagation. The stations were heard in 2010 on a barefoot PL-310.

So far I've DXed the FM band between May and August since 2010 (completely missing 2011). The rest of the year I spend on the medium wave band.

I've also identified five stations from MI, NC and WI heard via meteor scatter. One of those stations was heard via E-skip for the first time yesterday, making it only the second station received by two modes of propagation.

Again, thank you and good DX.

Richard.

Richard Allen,
near Perry OK USA.