Video of Tecsun R-2010D Pro and Con


josephrot
 

Thank you for pointing us to the information, Vimal.

One now wonders if sometimes, we hope that if we see new or newer receivers with the new Si or DSP chips in them, we still seem to have to settle for trade-offs.

In the Tecsun 2010D, one such tradeoff appears to be the "missing" 1 kHz tuning steps that the more expensive Tecsun PL series have for example the PL-600 and PL-660.

Joe

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, Vimal <sumanmed@...> wrote:

This is one of the videos that are non impressive.A no for a good radio?

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM, texnote <texnote@...> wrote:

Anon-co has posted a video showing FM, MW, and SW tuning on the R-2010D.
Unfortunately it does look like it tunes in fixed increments of 5 or 10/9
kHz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyNTe4mb-MQ


Gary Kinsman
 

Joe,

Many other Tecsun DSP radios have 1 kHz tuning. The PL-310, PL-380 and PL-390 are just a few examples. It would be nice if all of them had a "soft mute defeat" button as well.

-Gary

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "josephrot" <joerotello@...> wrote:

Thank you for pointing us to the information, Vimal.

One now wonders if sometimes, we hope that if we see new or newer receivers with the new Si or DSP chips in them, we still seem to have to settle for trade-offs.

In the Tecsun 2010D, one such tradeoff appears to be the "missing" 1 kHz tuning steps that the more expensive Tecsun PL series have for example the PL-600 and PL-660.

Joe

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, Vimal <sumanmed@> wrote:

This is one of the videos that are non impressive.A no for a good radio?

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM, texnote <texnote@> wrote:

Anon-co has posted a video showing FM, MW, and SW tuning on the R-2010D.
Unfortunately it does look like it tunes in fixed increments of 5 or 10/9
kHz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyNTe4mb-MQ


Michael <michael.setaazul@...>
 

Does the DSP chip in any of these radios have an external pin
which could be accessed so as to disable the soft-mute function?

Michael UK

----- Original Message -----

Many other Tecsun DSP radios have 1 kHz tuning.
The PL-310, PL-380 and PL-390 are just a few examples.
It would be nice if all of them had a "soft mute defeat" button as well.

Gary


ferrite61 <dxrx@...>
 

Actually mis-tuning any of the Pl-series radios by 1 kHz will shut off the Soft Mute. By doing this part of the Automatic Gain Control effect is removed... therefore bump up the volume a notch or two. I would also keep the BandWidth setting at 3 kHz to minimize Carrier Wave loss. It works like a charm on my PL-310.

Paul S. in CT

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "gkinsman1" <gkinsman@...> wrote:



Joe,

Many other Tecsun DSP radios have 1 kHz tuning. The PL-310, PL-380 and PL-390 are just a few examples. It would be nice if all of them had a "soft mute defeat" button as well.

-Gary

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "josephrot" <joerotello@> wrote:

Thank you for pointing us to the information, Vimal.

One now wonders if sometimes, we hope that if we see new or newer receivers with the new Si or DSP chips in them, we still seem to have to settle for trade-offs.

In the Tecsun 2010D, one such tradeoff appears to be the "missing" 1 kHz tuning steps that the more expensive Tecsun PL series have for example the PL-600 and PL-660.

Joe

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, Vimal <sumanmed@> wrote:

This is one of the videos that are non impressive.A no for a good radio?

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM, texnote <texnote@> wrote:

Anon-co has posted a video showing FM, MW, and SW tuning on the R-2010D.
Unfortunately it does look like it tunes in fixed increments of 5 or 10/9
kHz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyNTe4mb-MQ


Gary Kinsman
 

It would still be nice to be able to turn off soft mute while tuned on frequency.

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "ferrite61" <dxrx@...> wrote:

Actually mis-tuning any of the Pl-series radios by 1 kHz will shut off the Soft Mute. By doing this part of the Automatic Gain Control effect is removed... therefore bump up the volume a notch or two. I would also keep the BandWidth setting at 3 kHz to minimize Carrier Wave loss. It works like a charm on my PL-310.

Paul S. in CT


--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "gkinsman1" <gkinsman@> wrote:

Joe,

Many other Tecsun DSP radios have 1 kHz tuning. The PL-310, PL-380 and PL-390 are just a few examples. It would be nice if all of them had a "soft mute defeat" button as well.

-Gary


Vimal
 

Gary, you are right,
''Tecsun DSP radios have 1 kHz tuning. The PL-310, PL-380 and PL-390 ''
Well in that case I feel even R1210D should have this.Let's keep our fingers crossed and wait for some one to review it in this light.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM, gkinsman1 <gkinsman@...> wrote:
 



Joe,

Many other Tecsun DSP radios have 1 kHz tuning. The PL-310, PL-380 and PL-390 are just a few examples. It would be nice if all of them had a "soft mute defeat" button as well.

-Gary



--- In ultralightdx@..., "josephrot" wrote:
>
> Thank you for pointing us to the information, Vimal.
>
> One now wonders if sometimes, we hope that if we see new or newer receivers with the new Si or DSP chips in them, we still seem to have to settle for trade-offs.
>
> In the Tecsun 2010D, one such tradeoff appears to be the "missing" 1 kHz tuning steps that the more expensive Tecsun PL series have for example the PL-600 and PL-660.
>
> Joe
>
> --- In ultralightdx@..., Vimal wrote:
> >
> > This is one of the videos that are non impressive.A no for a good radio?
> >
> > On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM, texnote wrote:
> >
> > > Anon-co has posted a video showing FM, MW, and SW tuning on the R-2010D.
> > > Unfortunately it does look like it tunes in fixed increments of 5 or 10/9
> > > kHz:
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyNTe4mb-MQ
>