From: thinkdx
To: ultralightdx
Sent: Thu, Jan 31, 2013 4:37 pm
Subject: [ultralightdx] Gary DeBock's New Monster FSL Antenna

My Puyallup DXing pal Gary is always building "bigger is better" versions of his loop antennas. I think he outdid himself this time!

An Ebay seller is offering an exclusive photo taken during the construction phase:

Gary plans to straddle his new Ferrite Sleeve Loop antenna across the backs of two sturdy mules while DXing. Good luck keeping them still when you're trying to null a local pest station, Gary!

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA

kugellagers

...and for the third straight year the Russian Ferrite Rod Syndicate (RuFeRS) have named him customer of the the year as well as named one of their forklifts after him.

John
];')

--- In ultralightdx@..., "JRTENN" wrote:

RE: << On behalf of the Group I am taking it upon myself to start a "Support Gary Charity Fund". This latest version of the FSL Antenna used over 12 Miles of Litz Wire and Gary had to sell his Toyota Corolla to finance the Wire Purchase!! >>

You mean the project with the 6 foot long ferrite core.

Yes, indeed, that would take about that much wire...

Rumor is, Gary was invited to purchase the Litz Wire manufacturer as well.

Joe

On 2013-01-31, at 8:28 PM, toptyp19 wrote:

Gary plans to straddle his new Ferrite Sleeve Loop antenna across the
backs of two sturdy mules while DXing. Good luck keeping them still when
you're trying to null a local pest station, Gary!
Guy AtkinsPuyallup, WA
Nah! Gary is still a "strapping young laddie!" He will just lash it
onto his own back and hike for the coast!
HAA!

Joe

On behalf of the Group I am taking it upon myself to start a "Support Gary Charity Fund". This latest version of the FSL Antenna used over 12 Miles of Litz Wire and Gary had to sell his Toyota Corolla to finance the Wire Purchase!!

I doubt we'll raise enough money to get him a New Toyota......and I figure the FSL will not fit in the trunk anyway. However, maybe we can raise enough to purchase him a Used Dump Truck or maybe a Front End Loader?????

All this time we've just been crediting Gary with "REFINING" the FSL Antenna.........when all along (while showing his modesty), he actually invented it ....way back in the early 1900's, obviously when he was just a boy!!!

How did you ever keep this experiment a secret from your wife....did you work on it in the Garage??

73....ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

josephrot

On 2013-01-31, at 8:28 PM, toptyp19 wrote:

[...]

maurits <mauritsvandriessche@...>

   Im cureous about Gary, his new antenna .Pictures are always welcome
   All the best from  a rainy day here in Belgium
   Take care
   73,
    Maurits
   Belgium

Gary plans to straddle his new Ferrite Sleeve Loop antenna across the backs of two sturdy mules while DXing. Good luck keeping them still when you're trying to null a local pest station, Gary!

robert ross