Topics

(This is A Test) NZ4O MF/HF/6M RADIOWAVE PROPAGATION FORECAST #2012-18

Thomas F. Giella <thomasfgiella@...>

This is a test.

NZ4O MEDIUM FREQUENCY RADIOWAVE PROPAGATION FORECAST #2012-18

A Radiowave Propagation Forecast For Hams As Well As Shortwave DXers And Listeners

Published on Friday April 27, 2012 at 0000 UTC

Valid 0000 UTC Saturday April 28, 2012 through 2359 UTC Friday May 04, 2012

1.) GLOBAL MEDIUM FREQUENCY (300-3000 KC) PROPAGATION CONDITIONS EXPECTED WITH AN EMPHASIS ON 600 METERS, THE MF AM BROADCAST BAND AND 160 METERS-

Note! This forecast is based upon quiet solar, space and geomagnetic weather conditions. Geomagnetic storming Kp-5> and energetic proton storms >10 MeV (10+0) can at times render the forecast temporarily inaccurate.

Magnetic Equator-

Low
0-25 degrees

Mid
25-60 degrees

High
60-90 degrees

NORTHERN HEMISPHERE-

-East <-> West To 1100 Mi /1800 km
Fair

*North <-> South To 1100 Mi /1800 km
Fair

+South <-> North To 1100 Mi /1800 km
Fair

SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE-
-East <-> West To 1100 Mi / 1800 km
Fair To Good

*South <-> North To 1100 Mi /1800 km
Fair To Good

+North <-> South To 1100 Mi / 1800 km
Fair To Good

Northern Hemisphere (TA) Trans Atlantic, (TI) Trans Indian, (TP) Trans Pacific and cross Equatorial propagation conditions in

excess of approximately 3200 mi / 5200 km

High Latitude
Poor To Fair

Mid Latitude
Fair

Low latitude
Poor To Fair

Southern Hemisphere (TA) Trans Atlantic, (TI) Trans Indian, (TP) Trans Pacific and cross Equatorial propagation conditions in

excess of approximately 3200 mi / 5200 km

High Latitude
Fair

Mid Latitude
Fair To Good

Low latitude
Fair

Propagation Forecast Scale-

Excellent
S9+1 or better

Good
S7-S9

Fair
S4-S6

Poor
S1-S3

None
S0

Note! I use error prone RAW public domain data from the NOAA Space Environment Center, as well as other U.S. government organizations, to produce my propagation forecasts. This data is gathered and made public by the U.S. Government using taxpayer $$$. However the propagation forecast that I produce from the RAW public domain data is my personal intellectual property. Therefore this propagation forecast contained herein is copyrighted 1988-2012 by Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O. Reproduction of and distribution of the propagation forecast herein is allowed without advanced permission as long as proper credit is given.

Also space weather forecasting is still an inexact science. The forecasts are not official but for hobby related purposes only and are subject to human error and acts of God, therefore no guarantee or warranty implied.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
thomasfgiella@...

NZ4O MF/HF/6M (600-6 Meters) Radiowave Propagation Forecast: http://www.solarcycle24.org
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive: http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o1.htm
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Dashboard: http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o2.htm
NZ4O Solar Cycle 24 Forecast Discussion & Archive: http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o4.htm
NZ4O 160 Meter (MF) Radio Propagation Theory Notes: http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o5.htm
NZ4O Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Raw Forecast Data Links: http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o6.htm

---
Virus Database (VPS): 120427-0, 04/27/2012
Tested on: 4/27/2012 7:11:09 AM