From: farmerik
To: ultralightdx@...
Sent: 04 September 2011 15:27
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: TECSUN R-2010 link-FARMERIK

And quite recently here-

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110829005159/en/Silicon-Labs%E2%80%99-Broadcast-Audio-ICs-Streamline-Design

--- In ultralightdx@..., "farmerik" <farmerik@...> wrote:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110124005766/en/Silicon-Labs-Cost-Saving-AMFMSW-Receiver-Solution-Tecsun

Steve Ratzlaff <steveratz@...>

SiLab's datasheet for the new series "wheel tuned" DSP IC used in this Tecsun radio has been available since about the first of the year. I don't see anything on it that changes the AM or FM performance from the older SiLab IC used in the current ULR DSP radios like the PL-380. And there is no provision for LF reception. It seems to be optimized for low cost mass-produced radios. And despite the nice "2010" name (remisniscent of the good Sony 2010 receiver), there is no provision for an AM sync detector or SSB.
Steve