My new ultralight

Peter 1956

Hi all,

Last night I bought a new ultralight here in Shenzhen. Strangely the local stores don't carry many ultralight models (or larger radios), given that they are made a short distance from here :)

I had previously seen the Tecsun R-9012 and Tecsun R-911 side-by-side in a branch of a local electronics/electrical chain store, the 9012 was actually a few dollars cheaper than the R911, so I thopught I'd buy it soon! Anyway I went to another branch last night that only had the R-911. I found a similar rival chain nearby, and the R-911 was cheaper, so I bought it from the latter store.

The radio has a nice feel, and does indeed live up to its nulling reputation! I did a quick check yesterday at around 22:30 local on my 26th floor balcony (MW is difficult inside my building, but surprisingly good on the balcony, despite there being many towers close by). I was able to null some quite strong signals on the R-911, but unfortunately nothing much gets through from outside China here :(

I did get 666 PHL DZRH Valenzuela/Malanday 50kW on the Tecsun R-911 (freq confirmed by Eton G8). Most of the time on 666kHz I get India, but PHL was dominating last night.

I am waiting for the Arctic to fall into winter darknesss so I can try and get North America via the Great Circle shortest path over the Arctic. My East-facing balcony sticks out from the building, so I can get a clear view to the North. The South/South east has hills in the way blocking DU.

I put a photo of my all of my current portable radios (Sangean ATS-909, Tecsun CR-1000, Eton G8, Tecsun R-911 and Sony SRF-59 -the latter three being ultralights) in the Photo section, but for some reason I can't view photos on Yahoo Groups to check it is actually there!

Peter Wilson
Shenzhen, Guangdong

Michael <michael.setaazul@...>

Any sightings of the Tecsun R-210?
I cant find dimensions, so it may not
qualify as a ul-rx, but it would be interesting
to know how the new Si4831 chip compares
with the antique Si4734...

Anybody know when it will be available
east and west of the pond?

Michael UK

Last night I bought a new ultralight here in Shenzhen.
Strangely the local stores don't carry many ultralight models
(or larger radios), given that they are made a short distance from here :)

Peter 1956

Any sightings of the Tecsun R-210?
No, I can't even find pics of it online!

Peter

Last night I bought a new ultralight here in Shenzhen.
Strangely the local stores don't carry many ultralight models
(or larger radios), given that they are made a short distance from here :)

Rik

Did you mean the TECSUN R-2010? I have been looking for that. Bandspead SW bands, analog tuning, but DSP. - FARMERIK