SSB ultralight class

R. Mark Barnett

I propose an ultralight class that INCLUDES SSB. WHY? As someone who USES SSB and would like to see it on ALL radios with SW bands. SSB has uses on MW as well. A group that is LOOKING for low-end radios with SSB will cause BETTER radios to be built overall. I would like to buy a cheap DSP radio with SSB... but where are they? A feature that is included can be ignored MUCH easier than adding it after the fact.

Mark Barnett   N8PGV  I want my SSB

GET SWABBED!!! Save a Life by becoming a bone marrow donor. A child near YOU is DYING for a transplant!
http://www.dkmsamericas.org/

Organize a Bone Marrow Donor Drive in YOUR Town or Church!

Gary DeBock

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your proposal to form an Ultralight class that includes
SSB.

Of course, we certainly don't wish to limit you (or anyone else) in
enjoying Ultralight radio DXing as you see fit. Since the current Ultralight radio definitions don't seem to agree with your DXing
priorities, the best solution is probably the formation of a separate
Ultralight SSB Yahoo group, where enthusiasts like yourself can enjoy
complete freedom to DX as you wish. We certainly wish you the best as
you form your own Definitions Criteria, Awards Program, Yahoo group
administration, and other necessities. And of course, we certainly hope
that nobody will dissent from your established guidelines, and demand
changes in your Definitions Criteria that will detract from the
challenge of Ultralight DXing that you attempt to promote.

Finally, we wish you the very best of luck (which you will certainly
need in abundance).

73, Gary DeBock
Ultralight Group Co-founder

Michael <michael.setaazul@...>