ULR DX.........1 NEW STATION and Call Change last night................

robert ross

HI Guys:

My wife is off to Michigan to take part in the US Thanksgiving Festivities...and I am stuck at home going to work!!!! WAH!!!!! Anyways...I took the free time last night to DX for about 3 Hours before hitting the hay. Conditions to the WEST were GREAT......especially the NORTH WEST. One New Station for both the ULR and OVERALL LOGS was heard (From a Rather Tough STATE...North Dakota)...and I logged a CALL CHANGE for both logs as well. One New station for 3 hours of DXing may not sound all that spectacular...but with the tally now at 848 ULR Stations Logged....Each and Every New One is a Cause for Celebration!! I thought the other Log was NEW as well.......til I checked and realized it was just a Call Change. I figured 2 New Ones was just too good to be true!!

Hope to hit the dials again tonight while the QRM is Low..............

Radio Used is..............SONY SRF-T615 BAREFOOT

ULR LOG is now.............848 Stations Heard
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

73......ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

550 KFYR Bismarck, NORTH DAKOTA Nov/24/10 2129 EST EE FAIR
Mixing with WGR Buffalo. Oldies Music. Monkees "I'm a Believer". and other 60's
and 70's Tunes. Male DJ host of the Oldies Show. Female with Local Ad and mentioned "The Bismarck
offices of ???". Also gave ID as "K-FIRE 550". Into more Oldies.

NEW STATION ULR # 848 5 KW
ROSS, ONT.
1590 WCGO Evanston, ILLINOIS Nov/24/10 2055 EST Ethnic/EE GOOD
ID in EE by Male DJ as "1590 WCGO Evanston". Into Arabic String Music and Vocals.
Instrumental Music. Another ID as "This is 1590 WCGO Evanston-Chicago".
Into Ehtnic Talk...not sure of Language @ 2100 EST????

RELOG- NEW CALLS- Ex WONX 7KW/2.5 KW
ROSS, ONT.

Kirk <kirk74601@...>

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Robert S.Ross VA3SW" <va3sw@...> wrote:

HI Guys:

My wife is off to Michigan to take part in the US Thanksgiving
Festivities...and I am stuck at home going to work!!!! WAH!!!!!
Anyways...I took the free time last night to DX for about 3 Hours before
hitting the hay. Conditions to the WEST were GREAT......especially the
NORTH WEST. One New Station for both the ULR and OVERALL LOGS was heard
(From a Rather Tough STATE...North Dakota)...and I logged a CALL CHANGE
for both logs as well. One New station for 3 hours of DXing may not
sound all that spectacular...but with the tally now at 848 ULR Stations
Logged....Each and Every New One is a Cause for Celebration!! I thought
the other Log was NEW as well.......til I checked and realized it was
just a Call Change. I figured 2 New Ones was just too good to be true!!
Rob,
Way to go on the new station. You continue to be an inspiration in the ULR world! I recall that some of us were trying to think of what to do if we should run out of new stations to hear. Speaking for myself, I really don't think that's going to be a problem for quite a while! I've toyed with the idea of trying some DXing with the little Sony SRF-S84. I just haven't around to it yet. That's absolutely the tiniest ULR I've ever seen! ( 3 x 1.4 x 0.8 inches)
Take it EZ, amigo and continued success in the quest for ??? more new stations!
Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK