So what is DX let me tell you.

jlochey <john.lochey@...>

That is really super cool!

That is DX'ing to the extreme!

I wonder how long he waits to hear something???

Thanks,

John

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Michael Evans - Mike MBR" <michaelrae65@...> wrote:

Dx can be that 250mW station two miles away or that 50mW station no matter what the band the signal is on, 10 miles away.
How about this for DX, on one of the VHF FM DX groups a guy listens for meteorite pings and this reception but for a few stations, is that dx or even dxing!
As to whining I do so hope I am not one of them.
Good D= distance...X= unknown.
Mike MBR UK.

ferrite61 <dxrx@...>

The first example is quite doable at 12.8 km/Watt, the other one is over 300 km/Watt. I wouldn't spend too much time listening for the latter. I will say that 4 Watts at 40km eludes me, but 40 Watts at 400 km does not. As a matter of fact, anything under 20 Watts at any distance amounts to 2 receptions here. Could be a power floor along with that noise floor. ;o)

Paul S. in CT

--- In ultralightdx@..., "jlochey" <john.lochey@...> wrote:

That is really super cool!

That is DX'ing to the extreme!

I wonder how long he waits to hear something???

Thanks,

John

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Michael Evans - Mike MBR" <michaelrae65@> wrote:

Dx can be that 250mW station two miles away or that 50mW station no matter what the band the signal is on, 10 miles away.
How about this for DX, on one of the VHF FM DX groups a guy listens for meteorite pings and this reception but for a few stations, is that dx or even dxing!
As to whining I do so hope I am not one of them.
Good D= distance...X= unknown.
Mike MBR UK.

Phillip Fimiani

During a meteor peak shower... not long....they only last seconds too!

Best Regards

Phil
Lat: 40.8367633
Long: -74.1768412