Kaito 1121 AM/FM/SW/MP3 Player/Recorder

dypete

Hello all!

Thank you for reading my post.

A radio has drawn my interest. It would not qualify as an "ultralight" but has numerous features that intrigue me.

Any information (The Good, the Bad, the Ugly!) would be greatly appreciated!

73!
Pete
KB2DY

Peter Giacopelli
"Carpe Diem"
"Seize the day"
"It's OK to think about what you want(ed) to do but it's time to do what you were meant to do."
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards" - Søren Kierkegaard
"Nature does nothing uselessly" Aristotle
"Improvise, Adapt, Overcome" movie " Heartbreak Ridge"
"Remember, Progress not perfection!"
“Success is not something to wait for : it is something to work for.”
"The best way to help yourself is to help someone else"

dypete

Thank you!

Peter Giacopelli
"Carpe Diem"
"Seize the day"
"It's OK to think about what you want(ed) to do but it's time to do what you were meant to do."
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards" - Søren Kierkegaard
"Nature does nothing uselessly" Aristotle
"Improvise, Adapt, Overcome" movie " Heartbreak Ridge"
"Remember, Progress not perfection!"
“Success is not something to wait for : it is something to work for.”
"The best way to help yourself is to help someone else"

In a message dated 8/28/2010 11:11:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, akekalos@... writes:

Here's some eHam reviews on the 1121

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6779

--
Tony, N4RNI
Traverse City, MI

Not every conspiracy is a theory-AMC's Rubicon

Antonios Kekalos <akekalos@...>

[...]

George Sherman

I have 5 of these (hoping to sell). Honestly the radio has fair MW sens, poor LW, good SW but 1 or two places some local broadcaster came in on SW, but this can be minimized by rotating antenna. FM has very good sensitivity & fair selectivity (not DSP). Weather band reception (on Kaito, not present on Degen) is very good about 50 miles

I haven't read the manual so I haven't used MP3. Some buttons apparently have dual functions, but only 1 is labeled, and writing is small. Dual frequency displays (smaller lighted, somewhat larger not lighted). Some complainers apparently trying to use radio without glasses &/or in dark room, or feel manual inadequate, so they just return radio for these reasons. 73, George S., MN