Best, simplist, FM ultralight radio?

jlochey <john.lochey@...>

Group,

If I had to buy a very simple ultralight FM DX machine for a beginner, what would be your choice?

Simple is better.

Low price is good too.

Thanks!

John
KC8JDI

Stuart

The National Geographic offer (see previous posts) of the Grundig G8 Traveler II Digital would seem to be right up your alley....

--- In ultralightdx@..., "jlochey" <john.lochey@...> wrote:

Group,

If I had to buy a very simple ultralight FM DX machine for a beginner, what would be your choice?

Simple is better.

Low price is good too.

Thanks!

John
KC8JDI

jlochey <john.lochey@...>

Hey, thanks!

I have one of those, and they are awesome.

Believe it or not I was looking for something that was even smaller, but still decent.

As usual, I'm looking for something that doesn't exist! Ha, ha!

John

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Stu" <StuMorri0@...> wrote:

The National Geographic offer (see previous posts) of the Grundig G8 Traveler II Digital would seem to be right up your alley....

--- In ultralightdx@..., "jlochey" <john.lochey@> wrote:

Group,

If I had to buy a very simple ultralight FM DX machine for a beginner, what would be your choice?

Simple is better.

Low price is good too.

Thanks!

John
KC8JDI

George Sherman

I urge you to resist buying anything smaller, unless there is a unit that is DXer reviewed that I don't know about. I did try the Best Buy Insignia $49 micro but less sensitive & internally generated noises like I've found on Insignia MP3s with FM. G8=great! But the Tecsun PL-310 is better on MW & SW, & just as good on FM. 73, George S., MN

[...]

sdwillingham

If you want smaller and inexpensive, then you may be out of
luck. But if you're willing to pay the price, the 5th-gen
iPod Nano may be the ultimate ultralight FM-only DX machine.
You also don't get a speaker and the headphone cables double
as the antenna, but that's generally better than most
portable whips.

-Scott-

[...]

Lanoue, Joseph (Times Microwave, US) <jlanoue@...>

Sony SRF-T615 Pocket Radio … but it’s $150.  I like mine.

Joe Lanoue

jlanoue@...