Topics

Radio Shack AM/FM Catalog #12-586

Antonios Kekalos <akekalos@...>

For those that might be interested, just picked subject radio up at Radio Shack for $14. Initial comparison with my SRF-59 looks like it's very close in performance. Another inexpensive toy to play with.

--
Tony, N4RNI
Traverse City, MI

I'm apathetic, but I don't care

m_a_schuster

Looks to be more in the league of the Sony ICF-S10. Both have speaker and telescopic antenna which the SRF-59 does not; further, the SRF-59 is based on Sony's custom CXA1129N (receiveron a chip) which is, in large part, responsible for its great performance. AFAIK none of the "speaker radios" has this circuit.

--- In ultralightdx@..., Antonios Kekalos <akekalos@...> wrote:

For those that might be interested, just picked subject radio up at Radio
Shack for $14. Initial comparison with my SRF-59 looks like it's very close
in performance. Another inexpensive toy to play with.

--
Tony, N4RNI
Traverse City, MI
EN74dq
FISTS #14949, SWLR-RN072

I'm apathetic, but I don't care

Antonios Kekalos <akekalos@...>

Granted my initial comparison was very "unprofessional and non-technical" just going by what I heard. Still a good deal for the money, I think.

Tony

--
Tony, N4RNI
Traverse City, MI