super super sized antenna

MikeM

this is an interesting antenna construction article I came across for MW reception

http://www.sarmento.eng.br/Loop_Ferrite_Rod_Antenna.htm

bbwrwy

Thank for the linking the interesting article to our group.

I don't see it mentioned, but do you know how many kilograms the super antenna weigh?

Good DX.

Richard.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W
(near Perry OK USA)

--- In ultralightdx@..., "mmaghakian" <mmaghakian@...> wrote:

this is an interesting antenna construction article I came across for MW reception

http://www.sarmento.eng.br/Loop_Ferrite_Rod_Antenna.htm

sarmento2k

Hi Richard

I have used 36 ferrite rods material type 61, dimensions: diameter 0,40 length 9 inches. I have put together two bundles of 18 ferrite rods to achive better diameter / lenght rate.

The total weigh is about 8 kg / 17,6 lbs.

Well, it's not so easy to rotate but I'm using a rotatory dish that I've stolen from the kitchen used initially to serve food.

All in name of dxing.

Regards

Sarmento Campos
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil