Georgia and South Carolina coast ulr dx sessions,part 3

Carl DeWhitt

Here are a few loggings from Litchfield Beach ,S.C. I did not do much dxing from there.

1620 WDHP Frederiksted ,U.S.V.I. 1945-2006 EDT Caribbean style music.i.d." You are listening to WDHP-AM..U.S. Virgin Islands.good to fair mixing with presumed Cuban and U.S. station.E-100 with SAT.
I have yet to hear this from Maryville ,Tn.
1550 Radio Rebelde Cuba 2019-2029 EDT.fair//670.E-100 barefoot.
1540 ZNS-1 National Voice of the Bahamas 2029-2035 EDT. Carribean style music.i.d."Absolutely no one plays more..AM 1540,The National Voice of The Bahamas"fair-good.E-100 barefoot.
In all 7 countries were logged in 3 nights on this vacation.
Carl DeWhitt
Maryville ,Tn.

ferrite61 <dxrx@...>

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "Carl" <carl_elissa@...> wrote:

Here are a few loggings from Litchfield Beach ,S.C. I did not do much dxing from there.

1620 WDHP Frederiksted ,U.S.V.I. 1945-2006 EDT Caribbean style music.i.d." You are listening to WDHP-AM..U.S. Virgin Islands.good to fair mixing with presumed Cuban and U.S. station.E-100 with SAT.
This one still eludes me after 4 years :( Being in the X-Band I always thought this an easy target, but utility noise always seems about. At Rocky Neck St. Park, its easy at dusk even on a WRX911 barefoot. Haven't gotten this inland 12 miles, though Cuba on many frequencies makes it here.

I have yet to hear this from Maryville ,Tn.
1550 Radio Rebelde Cuba 2019-2029 EDT.fair//670.E-100 barefoot.
Thanks for the tip, I usually get local Disney by day and CBE(?) at night... the Cuba station might squeeze into the CBE null.Will try for this tomorrow night if possible.

1540 ZNS-1 National Voice of the Bahamas 2029-2035 EDT. Carribean style music.i.d."Absolutely no one plays more..AM 1540,The National Voice of The Bahamas"fair-good.E-100 barefoot.
Too much Canada and WDCD, always trying for this one here, and have gotten this at RNSP.

Paul S. in CT comments

Kirk <kirk74601@...>

In all 7 countries were logged in 3 nights on this vacation.
Carl DeWhitt
Maryville ,Tn.
Congratulations on all the loggings, Carl. You caught some really good ones for sure!
Kirk Allen
Pasadena, TX

Gil Stacy

Carl and others vacationing in Low Country,

I live 13 miles from Tybee Island. If I can't get out to dx with you, I can lend you my bogs and direct you to a good location to stretch'em out.

73 Gil

Carl DeWhitt

Gil:
The next time i plan to be in your area,I will let you know.
How do you couple the bogs to your ulrs ? I have a Q-Stick + that should work for that.Do you find the fall to be the best time for the best dx from your area both propagation wise and for the lack of tourists who may get in the way ?
Thanks and 73.
Carl DeWhitt
Maryville ,Tn.

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "nn4cw" <gilstacy@...> wrote:

Carl and others vacationing in Low Country,

I live 13 miles from Tybee Island. If I can't get out to dx with you, I can lend you my bogs and direct you to a good location to stretch'em out.

73 Gil

Gil Stacy

Carl,

I've found the simplest way to couple bog to URL is the Gary Deacon method of just winding a few turns around the RX along the axis of the internal ferrite.

I DXed a couple of times at Tybee during October. One night I was able to pick up England, Spain and Duba. Spain was barefoot. I need to try it more. Laziness keeps me home. ;)

Tybee has beach walkers all hours of the night, year round.

73, Gil

Carl DeWhitt

How do you keep the bogs out of the way of the beach walkers ?
Also,what are the typical lengths of your bogs?
Do you terminate them or leave them unterminated ?
I might try the Gary Deacon method around here if i can find a suitable place.
Thanks and 73.
Carl

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "nn4cw" <gilstacy@...> wrote:

Carl,

I've found the simplest way to couple bog to URL is the Gary Deacon method of just winding a few turns around the RX along the axis of the internal ferrite.

I DXed a couple of times at Tybee during October. One night I was able to pick up England, Spain and Duba. Spain was barefoot. I need to try it more. Laziness keeps me home. ;)

Tybee has beach walkers all hours of the night, year round.

73, Gil

Gil Stacy

Carl,
They are not terminated to ground at either end or at the radio. I use a 500' and 325' bogs running parallel. I also take my E1 or Palstar and phasing unit. For ULRs, I rely solely on a bog without the phasing system.
I just lay them in the sand and they lie flat. Walkers usually just step over them fearing sudden death by electrocution.
Gil

Carl DeWhitt

Thanks for the info.
Carl