Time Signal???

Paul Robertson <probertson6@...>

It doesn't seem to matter the location. I hear it in Ontario as well as when in Florida so assume this would rule out the Cuban station. If an IF leak why just this time signal and not other IF mixings?

Paul

Cuban "Radio Reloj" outlets would be one guess.  You should see if other radios are getting the same thing or if this is unique to your 310.  If the latter, it could either be something from SW or LW mixing or getting into the IF chain instead.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION

Paul Robertson <probertson6@...>

Here is an after thought. Does the Tecsun 310 happen to have a time "chip" in it to keep accurate time in the radio?  This would be the same let's say as an "atomic clock" that picks up a 60 Hz signal from a station such as WWV.  I wonder if this may be what I am hearing... anyone else hear the same time tones over a weak AM signal?

Paul (VE3HFQ)

jim_kr1s <jkearman@...>

--- In ultralightdx@..., Paul Robertson wrote:

> It doesn't seem to matter the location. I hear it in Ontario as well as when
> in Florida so assume this would rule out the Cuban station.

Some of the R Reloj stations are strong and I'm sure you can hear them in Ontario. The double beep may be the didahdit didahdit "RR" every minute. Here are R Reloj frequencies commonly heard in So Florida.

 570

 790

 820

 830

 860

 930

 950

 960

 980

1020

> If an IF leak why just this time signal and not other IF mixings?

The PL-310 IF is very low, so not likely the problem.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://qrp.kearman.com/

Paul Robertson <probertson6@...>

Posting the frequencies of Radio Reloj confirmed what I was hearing. Many thanks to both you Jim and to Mark for quickly solving this puzzle for me.

Kind regards

Paul (VE3HFQ)

Gil Stacy

One maddening aspect of Cuban stations is that the Cuban networks (Progresso, Rebelde, etc. )will often utilize feeds from Radio Reloj on other network frequencies that differ from what Jim posted. I commonly hear RR behind NOLA 870. However, hearing the "didahdit didahdit" makes it easy to id RR with just a bare hint of audio.
73 Gil