Eton E5

jerrysteck

i think the answer to my upcoming query is a negative--
having said that i will now ask:

would an Eton E5 be considered an ULR?--it is small, but it would seem to have more gizmos than a typical ULR--i have one and am just curious about what the ruling might be--

73
jerry--k5psh

jim_kr1s <jkearman@...>

--- In ultralightdx@..., "jerrysteck" >
> i think the answer to my upcoming query is a negative--
> having said that i will now ask:
>
> would an Eton E5 be considered an ULR?--it is small, but it would seem to have more gizmos than a typical ULR--i have one and am just curious about what the ruling might be--

Jerry,

Head on over to the Files section on the Yahoo site, look in Section 1 Start Here for the first article, "An Introduction To Ultralight DXing.pdf." Page 1 has the criteria. The E5 apparently doesn't qualify on two counts: Cost >$100 and the inclusion of SSB.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://qrp.kearman.com/

Gary Kinsman

The E5 is also much too large to be an ultralight.

--- In ultralightdx@..., "jim_kr1s" <jkearman@...> wrote:

--- In ultralightdx@..., "jerrysteck" <geraldsteck@>
wrote:

i think the answer to my upcoming query is a negative--
having said that i will now ask:

would an Eton E5 be considered an ULR?--it is small, but it would seem to have more gizmos than a typical ULR--i have one and am just curious about what the ruling might be--
Jerry,

Head on over to the Files section on the Yahoo site, look in Section 1 Start Here for the first article, "An Introduction To Ultralight DXing.pdf." Page 1 has the criteria. The E5 apparently doesn't qualify
on two counts: Cost >$100 and the inclusion of SSB.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://qrp.kearman.com/ <http://qrp.kearman.com/>

jerrysteck

thanks all for the replies and tips--i was pretty sure of the answer; just checking to make sure--Jim i do need to check the file and kinda get my feet on the ground here--i have been slowly easing into ultralighting and need to become acquainted with the process and rules--
thanks once more to all

jerry