UNID on 1660 heard strong in CT

Rik

The only listing at Radio Locater for 1660 in the Northeast USA is a 10KW Spanish station WWRU in NJ, but this seems to be coming from the NW or SE, and the language sounds Asian. Anyone have any ideas? I have been hearing it booming in for several evenings, and on different radios. - FARMERIK

jim_kr1s <jkearman@...>

--- In ultralightdx@..., "farmerik" wrote:

> The only listing at Radio Locater for 1660 in the Northeast USA is a 10KW Spanish station WWRU in NJ, but this seems to be coming from the NW or SE, and the language sounds Asian. Anyone have any ideas? I have been hearing it booming in for several evenings, and on different radios. - FARMERIK

"WWRU is a Korean language AM radio station licensed to Jersey City, New Jersey, broadcasting to the New York metropolitan area on 1660 kHz AM."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWRU

73,

Jim, KR1S

Rik

THANKS! I never thought of checking Wikipedia. Every once in a while I receive a station strongly in what I would expect to be the Null. A mystery to me, but so are a lot of other things. - FARMERIK

--- In ultralightdx@..., "jim_kr1s" <jkearman@...> wrote:

--- In ultralightdx@..., "farmerik" <farmerik@> wrote:

The only listing at Radio Locater for 1660 in the Northeast USA is a
10KW Spanish station WWRU in NJ, but this seems to be coming from the NW
or SE, and the language sounds Asian. Anyone have any ideas? I have been
hearing it booming in for several evenings, and on different radios. -
FARMERIK
"WWRU is a Korean language AM radio station licensed to Jersey City, New
Jersey, broadcasting to the New York metropolitan area on 1660 kHz AM."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWRU

73,

Jim, KR1S

wa8lcz

HI,
radio-locator.com shows WWRU 1660 as a spanish speaking stations in NJ.
the MWLIST shows:
1660 USA WWRU-Radio Korea Jersey City/Carlstadt, NJ 10kw ex Radio Unica

cant pick up 1660 here, too much interference from WQLR Kalamazoo Mi.
still trying to hear him.

byron wa8lcz