A Few New Loggings

Kirk Allen <kirk74601@...>

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to all the newcomers to the group and the ULR hobby.
Congratulations to everyone having recently recieved a new award. I'm
not mentioning names because there's so many folks that fall into
these catagories since I last checked in. Sorry I've been lax in
checking in here, but you can bet I read everything posted here. We
sure have some neat hobbyists in our ranks! To John C., I'm pulling
for ya on your march to 500...any day now you'll hit the magic number
if ya haven't already done so!

Here's a few of my recent loggings using the Eton E-100 Slider with
and sometimes without the SAT (Select-a-Tenna) passive loop antenna.
All times/dates are UTC.

1410, KRWB, Roseau, MN, 1432, 2/2/09. A real fluke hearing this one.
A pop up clear ID was hrd while trying to ID a religious sta on the
freq (which I couldn't do). Tough QRM from KGSO (Wichita, KS) which
is always strong here. A number of unidentified pop up stations were
hrd from 1420-1435, but this was the only one I could ID. I lost the
religious sta around 1430 apx. Only listed at 1 kw. ULR sta #465.

1460, KXPN, Kearney, NE, 1409, 1/31/09. Another ESPN station. ID w/
website info at the BOH.

1030, XEYC, Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico, 1026, 1/29/09. Nice IDs by a M
ancr as "Grupo Formula" and "Radio Formula", the best ID at 1030. F
sig in null of KTWO, Casper, WY who was very strong here this morning.

820, XEYN, Oaxaca de Juarez, Oaxaca, Mexico, 0432-0500+, 1/29/09.
Mellow musica de romantica w/ soft-voiced M ancr. ID hrd
was "Romantica 8-20" and "XEYN, Romantica 8-20". F sig at best.

810, CKJS, Winnipeg, MB, 0010-0112, 1/29/09. Took that long to get an
ID on this one. Mucho QRM. This one was under many other stations
including a (t) WGY and a (t) KYTY. VP reception and not able to
follow the pgm'g at all. Just hrd snippets of audio from them, but I
did hear three IDs for CKJS.

900, XEOK, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, 0951-1030, 1/28/09. Several slogans
I couldn't quite understand. Plenty of lcl ads were hrd. XEW ID hrd
under this one.

880, XEV, Nuevo Sacramento, CH, 0047, 1/28/09. Took a while to ID
this one even though their signal was good most of the time. Mostly
the dominant station hrd over XEEM. Some QRM at times from KRVN.

That's all from here for now.
Wishing you all the best of good DX and 73's!

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK