Newbie

John Plimmer <plimmer@...>

Hi all - this is my first post to this group
A group of very kind ultralighters in the Western USA sent a few of us South African DXer's some ultralights and I ended up with one.

Vince had his father-in-law deliver the Sony SRF-39FP to me yesterday and I
gave it a run this morning. In parallel with giant Cyclops II I was able to
get:
1575 R Farda AA and Arabic music
1557 France Inter Nice FF talk and light music
1521 AA Saudi Arabia
1350 // 1215 Botswana VV and Afro music
1197 Lesotho Gospel tunes
Not bad for a first run with conditions not too good, but I wouldn't have
got most of that without it being // to the big radio.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and good DX to all of you.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

robert ross

John Plimmer wrote:

Hi all - this is my first post to this group
A group of very kind ultralighters in the Western USA sent a few of us South
African DXer's some ultralights and I ended up with one.

Hi John:

   Welcome to the Ultralight Radio Reflector...Nice to have you in the group, and great to have a South African Member join the group!!

Nice loggings with your little Sony SRF-39P ULR...and we look forward to seeing more of your logs soon!!

I have a funny feeling that we may just know that group of very kind Ultralighters in the Western USA!! HAHHAHAHA....

Jump in anytime John.....a pretty friendly bunch of guys in this group!!

Happy New Year from CANADA John...

Regards.....ROB.

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
London, Ontario CANADA

bbwrwy

John:

Hello from Oklahoma and welcome to the group. I'm sure you will become
as addicted to the Ultralights as all of us. A year ago I would never
imagined I would be spending so much time listening to a tiny hand
held receiver.

Best wishes for a happy 2009.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W