New Grundig AN-200 Mediumwave Antenna

Steve Ponder <n5wbi@...>

Looks like Grundig has re-badged the Tecsun AN-200
mediumwave antenna that's been available on eBay for
some months and is selling it through North American
dealers now ...

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/mwant/0912.html

I wonder how it compares to the Radio Shack Loop and
the Selectatenna?

DISCLAIMER - I have no affiliation with Universal
Radio other than being one of their happy customers.

73,

Steve N5WBI
Houston TX

Kirk Allen <kirk74601@...>

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Steve Ponder" <n5wbi@...> wrote:

Steve,
I've no experience with the Tecsun AN 200, but recently John Bryant
had his Tecsun AN 100 sent here for some comparisons with the Select-
a-Tenna. As is often the case when comparing well known loops such as
these, I found that in the overall picture, the Tecsun and the SAT
were equal in performance. At times I thought one was outperforming
the other, but then the 'lesser' one would outdo the competition. I
ultimately had to call it a draw.

73's for now.

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK

I wonder how it compares to the Radio Shack Loop and
the Selectatenna?

satya@...

Steve/Kirk:

I also had John's Tecsun loop for a spell before sending it on to Kirk,
and I found it to be roughly the equivalent of the Terk Loop, at least
from a passive antenna perspective. The Tecsun seemed to tune a little
sharper, but not by much.

However, the signal coming off of the Terk's output jack was significantly
higher, so I wouldn't recommend the Grundig/Tecsun loop if you're going to
hardwire it to a receiver's antenna jack.

I thought the Tecsun looked much cooler, but the center-mounted tuning of
the Terk was much more convenient. In all, I think the Terk is the better
product, and it's noticeably cheaper than the Grundig/Tecsun.

73 - Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA