E100 tuning knob issues?

Gary DeBock

Hello Brandon,

     The E100 tuning knob binding issue is a common problem that affects about half of the new units.

     If pulling the tuning knob slightly outward does not correct the problem, disassembly and placing a slight amount of lithium grease on the tuning shaft bearing will almost always solve the problem.  I have found it necessary to do this on about four units, and each time it solved the problem completely.  A photo of the procedure is available on request, to anyone troubled by this issue.

     73,  Gary DeBock

Gary DeBock

OK Brandon,

     I'll email you the photo directly (about the E100 tuning knob binding problem solution).  White lithium grease can be found at most big hardware stores, and is useful as a clean lubricant for any "moving parts" that don't want to move properly.

     73,  Gary

Brandon Jordan <bcdx.org@...>

I received an E100 today from Durham, and am curious if it is normal for the tuning knob to have minor issues. When turned, part of the revolution the turning is rather loose, and the rest of the revolution it feels as if it is almost binding. Anyone else experience this or does this unit possible have issues? Thanks!

Jay Heyl

Brandon Jordan <bcdx.org@...>

Hi Gary,

After reassembling the radio and pulling the knob out slightly, I am
still feeling a bit of binding on part of the revolution. I'd
appreciate seeing the picture, and also, any suggestion where one
might best find lithium grease.

Thanks,