Ultralight TP's for 12-04-08

Gary DeBock

Hi Kevin,

     For those with the compact plastic slider E100's, (like you, me and Collin), I'm currently searching for suitable soft plastic containers that would be a nice fit for DXpedition use, with plentiful padding for any contingency.  Lacking that, I'll probably switch over to the woodworking shop to design and build something that looks like a DXer's jewelry case :>)

     73,  Gary

satya@...

Hi all from Anchorage, Alaska!

Unfortunately, conditions up here weren't any better than others have been
reporting on the IRCA board. I was hoping that, with the late sunrise
here (9:30 AM local!), I could DX all morning before my training sessions
started, but it was almost a complete bust. I heard 774-Japan last night
shortly before retiring and hoped for the best, but there was only a
couple very weak audios in the 1300's this morning, ones on which I
couldn't quite tell which Asian language was being spoken. Sigh, maybe
tomorrow.

I brought a stock e100 and high-Q loop, as I couldn't figure out how to
safely get my new e100 slider up here. The case I was going to use didn't
seem like it would protect the antenna superstructure well enough, so I
decided not to chance it. Gotta get me one of those James Bond cases that
Colin and Bruce are using.

73 - Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA (on most days)

--
Good Morning:

Listened for a short time during the 1200 utc hour. Only one TP with
audio, 774 JOUB weak to fair. No Russian longwaves heard. After
checking the solar indices A=5 K=3, decided not to raise the NW Ewe
antenna.

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA
JRC NRD 545 & H-800 skymatch active whip

bbwrwy

I also heard JOUB 774 at 1100 UTC today on a barefoot SRF-T615. The
signal strength was fair, with QRM by WBBM and XEMF 780. The only
other possible TP's were hets on 828 and 972 kHz.

JOAB 594 which had been audible at local sunrise the past few mornings
was silent today.

I can't believe I can hear NHK stations in Oklahoma. I hope it
continues.

Good DX everyone.

Richard Allen
36°22'51:N / 97°26'35"W