My first TA logged on an ultralight

w2gjw <w2gjw@...>

Took me awhile to accomplish this feat, but at 1810 local time, heard
TWR/Vatican Radio on 1467KHz on my Sangean DT-200.

73 & good DX
Gary- W2GJW
NJ USA
FN-20wu

bbwrwy

Congratulations Gary. I'm sure you'll hear others. Good DX and happy
Thanksgiving.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W
(near of Perry OK)

Gary DeBock

Hello Gary,

Living as you do with severe local QRM, your accomplishment of
receiving TWR/Vatican Radio on 1467 kHz with a stock DT-200 is
impressive indeed. Congratulations on your accomplishment, and we hope
you log many more Ultralight TA's this winter.

73, Gary DeBock

--- In ultralightdx@..., "w2gjw" <w2gjw@...> wrote:

Took me awhile to accomplish this feat, but at 1810 local time, heard
TWR/Vatican Radio on 1467KHz on my Sangean DT-200.

73 & good DX
Gary- W2GJW
NJ USA
FN-20wu

Steve Ponder <n5wbi@...>

Gary,

Congratulations on bagging your first TA on an ultralight!
I've been told that TA's and TP's arepossible down here in
Houston, TX, but I've yet to catch one. I heard the het on
1520 kHz the other night that could have been Saudi Arabia
on 1521, but just couldn't squeeze it out, even with my
barefoot Eton e100.

Patience, patience, patience - 3 virtues that I find are
becoming more difficult for me to grasp.

But, enough about me - this is your moment to shine!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! May you catch many more TA's (and TP's)
before the season ends!!

73,

Steve N5WBI
Houston TX