New State Last Night and UNIDs

Kirk Allen <kirk74601@...>

Actually no I was listening to the E-100 barefoot. With those really
jammed up frequencies, sometimes it seems the Select-a-Tenna only
makes reception even tougher. Be sure to read the article posted on
dxer.ca regarding the use of passive antennas/antennae. I hope the
author of this very interesting and informative article will forgive
me...I cannot remember who wrote it. I need to read it again to help
absorb more of the article.
Later, amigo.

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Carl DeWhitt"
<carl_elissa@...> wrote:

--- Kirk;
Congratulations on catching South Carolina on an ULR and on a
graveyard frequency at that ! WOW!That is some catch from Oklahoma!
Concerning stations on 600 kHz,i don,t know.I have only heard 3
stations that i can think of from the U.S. on 600-WMT,WREC in
Memphis,Tn and KTBB in Tyler,Tx.
I will have to try for that South Carolina station on 1400 from
here.I should be able to hear it.By the way,were you using the
select-
a-tenna on that log ?
Carl DeWhitt
Walland,Tn

Carl DeWhitt

--- Kirk;
Congratulations on catching South Carolina on an ULR and on a
graveyard frequency at that ! WOW!That is some catch from Oklahoma!
Concerning stations on 600 kHz,i don,t know.I have only heard 3
stations that i can think of from the U.S. on 600-WMT,WREC in
Memphis,Tn and KTBB in Tyler,Tx.
I will have to try for that South Carolina station on 1400 from
here.I should be able to hear it.By the way,were you using the select-
a-tenna on that log ?
Carl DeWhitt
Walland,Tn

In ultralightdx@..., "Kirk Allen" <kirk74601@...> wrote:

Forgive me if a post similar to this shows up ahead of this repeat.
just tried to post this info, but I've been unable to see it appear
for some reason. Must be one of those cyber gremlins.

Anyway, last night I logged a new state (#27) on the E-100.
Congrats,
Allen, on your new state!

1400, WSPG, Spartenburg, SC, 0031-0100 UTC, 10/26. ESPN pgm'g til
ID
0100. Very lucky to catch this one because the freq was really
jammed
up. This was the only station that faded up enough to even have a
chance at copying.

600, UNIDs, 0410-0430, 10/26. Two UNID stations here airing the
same
talk show format network (not sure which one). WMT, Cedar Rapids,
IA
was audible also. The two unknowns were fading up and down at about
the same times creating a very loud echo effect during their peaks.
Can't find any 2 stations on this freq that carry the same talk
show
network. Any ideas??

73 to Everyone!

Kitrk Allen
Ponca City, OK

Kirk Allen <kirk74601@...>

Forgive me if a post similar to this shows up ahead of this repeat. I